Why do people weigh themselves naked?

Options
1235»

Replies

• kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I actually tested the difference yesterday and the t-shirt and shorts I was wearing added 1.2 lbs, so yeah, that matters to me.
  • Kagami_Taiga
    Kagami_Taiga Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It's the same reason why you don't weigh yourself right after a meal. You want to weigh yourself and not what you're wearing. Don't know about you, but my jeans with belt are reasonably heavy, then there's the hoodie too.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    because this way it is always a true representation. If you measure yourself under the same conditions every day you will get the most accurate measurements.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yep, I always weigh with no clothes on before I shower. Some clothing weight differ.
  • matthew_b
    matthew_b Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I was curious and weighed myself both ways a while ago. Between my clothes, my keys, wallet, cell phone and pocket knife it is 6.5 lbs.

I did compare my home scale with a scale at the feed store one time. That scale is state certified so I figured it was a good one to use. I went right home and weighed myself in the same clothes before eating or using the bathroom. It matched by .2 lbs so I know my home scale is pretty accurate.
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    For me I usually try to strip down to underwear. I am usually wearing socks and our scale checks body fat percentage, so I have to take those off anyway. I usually weigh myself at night before bed and I am not wearing much to begin with. I am one of those people that comes straight home and takes everything off that isn't needed.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    have to weigh naked....my bling..ya dig?

-gangsta-1301656838_zps7d149001.jpg