Gelatin Helps Stop Hunger

Options
I am cross-posting this from one of the Paleo forums because I find gelatin so helpful in controlling hunger.

Gelatin
I recently have tried one teaspoon of gelatin in a big glass of water before lunch. It really fills me up, and the effect even lasts late into the afternoon when I am usually quite hungry. This is Great Lakes Gelatin that I got at Natural Grocers.

I mix it with some cider vinegar because it is rather blah tasting on its own.

I have read gelatin can also help with skin tone, such as cellulite or loose skin from weight loss, but I have not used it long enough to find out.

Replies

• stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    agh that sounds miserable
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Sound gross and I usually just use food to fill me up. If you're hungry enough to drink that then you probably need to up your caloric intake.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello was one of my go to foods to fill myself up when I was struggling with anorexia in middle school. Just remembered that.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    thats a really really gross way to fill yourself up.

you know what else fills you up? food.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    It is also good for your hair.
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i think this is a great tip for people who struggle with hunger between meals and who eat animal products. sometimes people do need a little extra help to feel full until their next snack/meal. sure, real food is the best way to fill up, but it's nice to hear about what other people do when they still feel hungry, but want to keep calories under control.
  • leia_ophelia
    leia_ophelia Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    would seaweed based gelatin (agar-agar) also work? it has no taste, low calorie and high in fiber.
  • Pcrane007
    Options
    Seaweed gelatin would probably work too for filling you up. However, there are some amino acids in the animal product that are supposed to help skin tone, nails, hair. Do not eat gelatin as your only food, however. It is NOT a complete food.

I am finding not eating any wheat and avoiding other grains is also making the weight drop off without much trouble. I am very psyched at how easy this is going!