12 Week Challenge Complete

Options
wrobes
wrobes Posts: 43 Member
For the last couple of years I have been very unhappy with my weight and not done anything about it. I was always full of excuses and wondered why i should care. Anyway about probable 12 months ago I decided enough was enough and it was time to start looking after myself to live a better life for myself, my wife and my kids. At the start of my journey a weighed in at about 139kg (306lbs).

For about 9 months I plodded away, yo-yoing away and slowly dropped about 8kg (17lbs). Then i dediced it was time to get serious. Today I finished a 12 week challenge at my local gym and manged to lose 16.5 kg (36lbs) throughout the challenge to drop my weight down to 114.5kg (252lbs).

While I am still not at my target I wanted to share with all of you who have the doubts that they can achieve goals that it is possible. I certainly never thought I would get down to this weight again and now want to drop about another 10kg to get to the weight I want to be.

My journey certainly isnt over after 12 weeks and as my trainer kept saying to me, its not about 12 weeks, it is about life, and hopefully this little kickstart and success will keep my going for life now.

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks so much for posting this inspirational success story--you rock, period. :flowerforyou:
  • Vanilladays
    Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! You worked hard as I have said and deserve to be extremely proud of your success in achieving your goals, in the past and present.....I have no doubt you will reach your ultimate weight loss goal in the not so distant future! Well done!
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Well done you!
  • twingirlsmommy
    twingirlsmommy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow you must be so proud! Great job!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    For the last couple of years I have been very unhappy with my weight and not done anything about it. I was always full of excuses and wondered why i should care. Anyway about probable 12 months ago I decided enough was enough and it was time to start looking after myself to live a better life for myself, my wife and my kids. At the start of my journey a weighed in at about 139kg (306lbs).

For about 9 months I plodded away, yo-yoing away and slowly dropped about 8kg (17lbs). Then i dediced it was time to get serious. Today I finished a 12 week challenge at my local gym and manged to lose 16.5 kg (36lbs) throughout the challenge to drop my weight down to 114.5kg (252lbs).

While I am still not at my target I wanted to share with all of you who have the doubts that they can achieve goals that it is possible. I certainly never thought I would get down to this weight again and now want to drop about another 10kg to get to the weight I want to be.

My journey certainly isnt over after 12 weeks and as my trainer kept saying to me, its not about 12 weeks, it is about life, and hopefully this little kickstart and success will keep my going for life now.

^ Great success! You are awesome! :flowerforyou:
    Thanks for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!