Black Bean Lasagna (meatless)

Options
VelociMama
VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
Made this tonight, and it was absolutely delicious! Low calorie and low-sodium dish!

2 cans no-salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
4 whole eggs
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with chiles, drained
1 large onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1 can no-salt added tomato paste
2 small cans no-salt added tomato sauce
1 tbsp dried sage
1 tbsp dried thyme
9 sprigs fresh cilantro, diced
9 lasagna noodles, boiled and drained according to package instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Boil and drain.

On a stovetop, heat onions and garlic over medium heat until onions are soft. Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, Rotel, thyme, sage, and cilantro. Heat until flavors are strong. If using stainless steel pan, first spray with high temp cooking spray to avoid sticking. Add drained black beans until well-mixed. Remove from heat and set aside. In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add ricotta and mozzarella cheese. Mix well.

Spray glass baking pan with cooking spray. Form a layer of 3 lasagna noodles on bottom of pan and spread a thin layer of egg and cheese mixture on top. Top with another 1/2" thick layer of black bean mixture. Add another layer of noodles and repeat layering for 3 layers. Top layer should be black bean mixture.

Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. After baking is done, let pan sit for 10 minutes until cool to allow layers to thicken properly.

Serves 8. Makes generous portion too, and goes well with a side salad and some fresh bread.

247 calories per serving.
8g fat
16g protein
316mg sodium
952mg potassium

Replies

• Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Will have to try this- Thanks for sharing!!!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    With wife & MIL being Ovo-Lacto Vegetarians, I'm going to have to try this!!
  • VelociMama
    Options
    With wife & MIL being Ovo-Lacto Vegetarians, I'm going to have to try this!!

It *SHOULD* work also with egg substitute. Not sure if that would help.
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NancyG55
    Options
    This sounds SO good, so just might need to try it this weekend! Thanks for posting!
  • VelociMama
    Options
    This sounds SO good, so just might need to try it this weekend! Thanks for posting!

You're welcome. Please let me know how you like it once you make it! :smile:
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm going to try this.
  • Katmiller73
    Katmiller73 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Definitely gonna try! Thanks
  • juiceplusbecky
    juiceplusbecky Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sounds good; will certainly give this a try. Thanks.
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Just added this to the calendar for the week. We usually try to eat one vegetarian meal a week and have had some hits and some misses LOL. Black bean sweet potato chilli was a hit, stir fry with tofu was a miss for my family. This has a lot of promise to it as well all love italian. Thanks for sharing!
  • VelociMama
    Options
    Just added this to the calendar for the week. We usually try to eat one vegetarian meal a week and have had some hits and some misses LOL. Black bean sweet potato chilli was a hit, stir fry with tofu was a miss for my family. This has a lot of promise to it as well all love italian. Thanks for sharing!

We are trying to trim down our meat consumption also. Please let me know how you like it! My meat-lover husband loved it so I took that as a victory :)
  • dzinter
    dzinter Posts: 22
    Options
    bump
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Made this tonight, and it was absolutely delicious! Low calorie and low-sodium dish!

2 cans no-salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
    4 whole eggs
    1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
    1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with chiles, drained
    1 large onion, diced
    3 cloves garlic, pressed
    1 can no-salt added tomato paste
    2 small cans no-salt added tomato sauce
    1 tbsp dried sage
    1 tbsp dried thyme
    9 sprigs fresh cilantro, diced
    9 lasagna noodles, boiled and drained according to package instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Boil and drain.

On a stovetop, heat onions and garlic over medium heat until onions are soft. Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, Rotel, thyme, sage, and cilantro. Heat until flavors are strong. If using stainless steel pan, first spray with high temp cooking spray to avoid sticking. Add drained black beans until well-mixed. Remove from heat and set aside. In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add ricotta and mozzarella cheese. Mix well.

Spray glass baking pan with cooking spray. Form a layer of 3 lasagna noodles on bottom of pan and spread a thin layer of egg and cheese mixture on top. Top with another 1/2" thick layer of black bean mixture. Add another layer of noodles and repeat layering for 3 layers. Top layer should be black bean mixture.

Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. After baking is done, let pan sit for 10 minutes until cool to allow layers to thicken properly.

Serves 8. Makes generous portion too, and goes well with a side salad and some fresh bread.

247 calories per serving.
    8g fat
    16g protein
    316mg sodium
    952mg potassium

bump
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kristapennie
    kristapennie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    this sounds so yummy! thanks hun!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Yum!
  • mwgner
    mwgner Posts: 115
    Options
    always wanted to try making lasagna, now I definitely have to try. this just looks so tasty!
  • knitmom71
    knitmom71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • SammyOD
    SammyOD Posts: 15
    Options
    Going to try this one next week. Thanks for sharing!