Chicken Noodle Soup

Options
mavsfan2009
mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
Does anyone have a really good chicken noodle soup recipe? My Dad LOVES chicken noodle soup, so I'd like to make some.

Replies

• Notenispal
    Notenispal Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I make a homemade chicken noodle soup that is pretty easy. I just throw stuff in to taste.

In a large pot add:

1 whole chicken cut up
    reduced sodium chicken broth- cover till 1-2 inches over the chicken

Boil for about 45 min or until chicken is done.

Take chicken out and turn off flame.
    Put chicken in a bowl and place in the freezer for 15 min.

Take chicken out and peel off meat.
    Add meat to stock pot.
    Add veggies that you would like to the pot.
    Cook on high for 15 minutes.
    Add noodles of choice and cook for 10 minutes on high.
    Turn flame down to low and let simmer for another 15 minutes to marry flavors

Enjoy!
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I have a chicken noodle soup that I like to make, just made some the other day actually! Don't really have a recipe written down but basically all I do is boil and shred some boneless, skinless, chicken breast..about 1/2 lb.

In a large pot add about 2 tbsp olive or canola oil
    an onion, diced
    2-3 cloves garlic, minced
    2-3 carrots, diced
    2-3 stalks of celery, diced
    1 bay leaf
    1-2 tsp thyme or 4-5 fresh thyme sprigs

Cook that together for about 5-8 min until the veggies are softened but don't brown them. Add about 2 quarts of chicken stock, I make mine with Better Than Boullion Chicken Base. Bring that to a boil then add about 8 oz of pasta (I use wide egg noodles). Simmer until pasta is tender. Add chicken and some fresh parsley, heat through and serve! It's really yummy!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Chciken soup is super easy to make. I like getting those pre-baked chickens from the grocery store and just tear off the chicken from that.

I saute onions, celery, and garlic in some olive oil, add two huge cans of low sodium chicken broth, add carrots, celery and potatos. Spice it up like crazy with thyme, basil, oregano, bay leaves, and some spade seasoning.

For a little kick I add a TINY bit of sirachi rooster hot sauce. Just a few drops is all it needs.

I use macaroni salad noodles but keep them separate from the soup so you can control how much goes in to each serving.

We eat off this for a whole week.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I actually just made this today and it was delicious! I had it with a slice of la brea italian round bread, DELICIOUS!

Chicken Noodle Soup
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=904429
    Servings Per Recipe: 9
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 91.9
    Total Fat: 2.4 g
    Cholesterol: 13.3 mg
    Sodium: 746.6 mg
    Total Carbs: 10.1 g
    Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
    Protein: 7.9 g