EXERCISE W/O EQUIPMENT TIPS ANYONE??

Options
Hi all, hope you're having a great day! I just wanted to know if any of you have any tips, special routines, etc. on working out at home without equipment. I don't have a gym membership because I'm still in school and my parents want me to focus on my education. They do encourage exercise and a good diet, and so I try and eat healthy and exercise, but I want to learn some moves that really targets areas and boosts my metabolism or speeds up my weight loss progress.

My main focus areas in priority order are my lower stomach, then my arms (I just can't seem to get rid of the flab there) then my upper thighs.

If you could please include images that demonstrate this action/routine or links to videos, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone :)

Replies

• truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    you can do lunges for thighs

use cans for weights for your arms or bucket filled with something for more added weight

search youtube videos for at home work outs
  • WickedPixie1
    WickedPixie1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred...will do all that and I got it at walmart for under 10 bucks.
    The only thing you'd need is a mat and hand weights, but really that isn't essential if you have a rug or carpet underneath you and the hand weights aren't necessary either.
    she does a light, moderate and advanced version of the exercises and they are all pretty basic.
    I think you can preview it on youtube...that info courtesy of another poster..sorry I don't remember who.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    BodyRock has a lot of body-weight home-based workouts. They do use things like dip stations and such, but you can use a chair against a wall for similar effect.

http://www.bodyrock.tv/

Also, you can't spot-reduce fat, so you'll just have to continue to work on your overall fitness and nutrition to get the results you're looking for.

Good luck!
  • tchau812
    Options
    Push-ups are a good workout for the arms, along with dips using a chair or anything elevated. But like everyone said theres a lot on youtube. I've been following a guy of the name if mike chang of sixpackshortcuts. Most of his videos are about home workouts using light wieghts and even body weights. Search him up on youtube and find out for yourself. You do get a burn and a pump from his workouts, but don't bother buying his plans cause his videos basically sums up what his products have to offer. Keep up the good work!

TRAIN HARD EveryDAMNday`!
  • PapaDunx
    PapaDunx Posts: 243
    Options
    If you have an iPhone/iPad, download GorillaLite. It has loads of exercises w/o any weights. And its free
  • simong79
    Options
    I typically use dumbbells, but recently I started doing pushups.

I started a routine from http://hundredpushups.com/

Some good info on there if you want to check it out. No equipment needed!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    try youtube go to pop-pilates for some great hard workouts
  • SCharlie123
    Options
    Try looking at Nerdfitness on youtube:
    youtube.com/nerdfitness