Do YOU eat back your calories burned with exercise?

Options
13»

Replies

• waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Of course.

That option not to is only available to people who don't exercise much.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. MFP is set up to work that way, and it does work. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
  • Natalie143Miller
    Options
    Don't know if you could help me!!

So if I am a 31 year old gal with a daily expense of 1400 (100 cals a hour, up for 14 hours) how do I figure out how much I need to be eating???
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    for the most part no. (unless there was something unusual like eating out) My maintenance calories would be 1800 something can't remember the exact number. I have a lot to lose. it's got me at 1200 calories a day for 1.3 pounds a week. For the amount i have to lose it's pretty slow going. I take the extra deficit.

the reason for stopping EVERYONE from going lower than 1200 calories is nutrition, it's hard to get everything you need at a level under that (and too big of a deficit is bad, upper number is 1000, I am no where near that) In order for me to get near a more reasonable deficit keeping those calories is necessary.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Everyone gets so hung up on the 1200 calories, as if it has some bearing on real life. You need to workout YOUR own BMR & TDEE. My three year old daughter eats more than 1200 calories.

"For ages 2 to 3, the USDA recommends a child consume 1,000 to 1,400 calories, depending on his activity level. For age 4, the calorie intake increases to between 1,200 and 2,000. Here are examples of how much your child should be getting in all five food groups." - http://www.babycenter.com/0_nutrition-guidelines-for-young-children_64359.bc

young children are burning at a much faster rate than adults. they're super active and they need a LOT of calories for growing up. not at all comparable.