Diabetic question please help

Options
I exercise and burn calories and carbs. eat back some of my calories not all. I some times go over my 150 allowance of carb in take . But is that ok when you exercise alot? Can we eat back our carbs like a normal person.. lol some not all... and not all the time..

Replies

• seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Why is your carb limit set to 150? My DN told me that 300 is about right if you're active and exercising.

Although I am a new diabetic, but from what I can see, it's personal, and if your blood sugar is still within normal you are OK
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    The type of carbs matter a lot. You can eat low glycemic foods that won't spike your insulin levels and have a low glycemic level. You want to avoid foods you already know to avoid as a diabetic.

Slow digesting carbs like whole, untreated grains - whole wheat, oats, barley, legumes, etc. are fine if you're high on them. You want to avoid carbs like sugar, fruit, juice, processed grains (white rice, quick oats, white flour).

MFP doesn't distiguish between the two.
  • MrsMohawk
    MrsMohawk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    breakfast 30
    snack 15
    lunch 30
    snack 15
    dinner 45
    snack 15

equals 150 a day.. This is the what the doctors pamplet said.. Sometimes go over it because of late night snack.. my BG readings are great still even if i go over a bit.