Hit Goal Weight.....now what

Options
I have hi my goal weight and have been just maintaining. BUt I don't look as fit as I want. Where do I go from here? I am a vegan and we eat quite healthy I think. I haven't been doing too much cardio, but I've still been maintaining the weight I'm at. I would like to tone up more. I do not have access to a gym and only own dumbells, so I need exercises that either use my own body weight or dumbells. Suggestions? Thanks guys!!!

Replies

• dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    If you have dumbbells, I would suggest getting 30 Day Shred. It's a $9 investment and it gives great results. In many of the fitness magazines (self, fitness, oxygen, shape) they give many exercises that can be done with just a few dumbbells or stretch bands. I also like yoga for toning. You just need to make sure you have aversion of yoga that is vigorous enough, and not just "gentle stretching". Hope this helped :)
  • beckylyda
    Options
    Tapout XT, It is amazing. It is a system that only uses your own body for weights. I love it. I feel so much better when I am doing these execises. It a little expensive, but worth the money.
  • DinoSaurous
    DinoSaurous Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    another vote forthe 30DS, it only takes 20minutes a day and all you need is weights :)
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of natural body resistance extercizes you can look into to tone it up. The 30DS is great. There's also the intro to strength training workout you can find here-

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/17/advanced-body-weight-workout-warning-this-will-kick-your-*kitten*/
  • BrittanyBrines
    BrittanyBrines Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am going to do 30 day shred and see how that it. I am posting on my facebook page asking people to commit to it with me because that would be a huge help to have family and friends doing it for 30 days as well. Thanks for the suggestions and if you have more, please feel free to post more!!!
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Pilates is AWESOME too, and I will be another vote for 30DS :)
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    There is Ripped in 30 by Jillian as well. That's the one I'm using. It's great too.
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of exercises that you can do that will do a lot for your "fitness". A pull up bar combined with push ups, situps and exercises with your dumbbells are plenty to make a big difference.
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the 30 day shred. I just finished my 2nd round of it and love the results. It only takes about 25 min total and all u need is a set of dumbbells.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    ANY of Jillian Michael's DVD's are great! I'm on my 6th DVD of hers and just ordered her Body Revolution today. 30DS is a terrific place to start!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Remember 30 day shred is free on youtube!

I agree if youve lost the weight you want just tone everything up