30 Day Shred- Anyone actualy lost "20 pounds in 30 days"

Options
So Im on day 2 of 30DS, Im 5'4", 167 lbs, and Im not sure of my measurements, but I'm "apple" shaped.
Im doing 30DS to lose weight, and I don't want to bulk up with muscle. I am not a fan of having muscular arms and what not, I just want to look thinner and toned overall, but not to an extreme. Does that make any sense?
Has anyone lost significant weight with the program? Will I lose weight, or simply look muscular?

Replies

• SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is an excellent program. Unless you have a large amount of pounds to lose, do not expect to lose 20lbs in 30 days though. If you are not sure of your measurements, change it. You will definitely lose inches and become visibly thinner. This is what truly counts. Look at the before and after pictures of some MFP members - the difference is amazing. Who cares if they lost 2 or 20 pounds if they can wear clothes 1 or 2 sizes smaller?
    And don't be afraid of bulking up. It won't happen. To bulk up you have to put a bit more work into it ;)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Women don't bulk up easily and certainly not by the things you do in 30DS. Your weight loss will have far more to do with sticking to a diet than anything exercise can offer. Jillian will work you hard and strengthen muscles but it isn't a miracle cure for being fat.
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    I do have a large amount of weight to lose and only lost about 5 pounds :)
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I did this at 167 and I am 5'4. I didn't lose a lot of weight but I lost over 10 inches in the 1st two weeks. Then I kind of dropped out of it due to some other issues. I am going to start again as it is fantastic on the waist , stomach, and hips.
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I am in my 4th week of the 30DS...I'm on Level 3, and I'm doing it about five days per week.
    I didn't measure myself, but I have lost 8.2 pounds...and I just started at 133.2 pounds.
    There are two keys to making it successful, in my opinion:
    1) Work VERY hard at it! I have given a LOT of effort on all but a couple of days when I wasn't feeling too great.
    2) Eat right/monitor your diet closely. At least 80% of the time, my diet has been very good; for the last month, I have averaged about 1100 calories/day eating HEALTHY whole foods. (I'm sure I would have done even better weight-wise if I had been in better control of that other 20%!!!)
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    just started it yesterday ...have to modify a little bit on jumping activities due to fused discs but I can already feel my abs tightening up. I also walk 3.5 miles at least 5 days a week and stick to 1200 - 1300 calories a day no matter how much exercising I do.