Aww crap! What do I do now?!

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Years ago, I got a phone call telling me that my husband was having an affair. It was the husband of his girlfriend. To this day, I am SO grateful for that phone call.

You're in a tough place - I don't envy you. But, you saw what you saw. It's not conjencture, it's not heresay.

I had my suspicions and the phone call gave me the confidence to break away knowing I wasn't coming to a false conclusion.

If you can't bring yourself to tell their spouses, tell the cheating "couple". It's good karma.

Take care! :O)

I would want to know as well if somebody saw.. even if you can somehow call their spouses anonymously.
    They deserve to know. Either tell the spouses or just completely stay out of it.
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    I think that is disgusting. I hate people who cheat. If youre not happy with who youre with..LEAVE!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Stay out of it. There *kitten* will catch up with them. I just switched hair stylists and found out from my new stylist that my old stylist is cheating on her husband with one of my new stylists's clients! I know all of these people, including the husband being cheated on, but it's not my place to meddle.
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    honestly, wth! You said YOU held a Halloween party at YOUR house. Whats the deal. You need to go up to both of them and lay hard on them both. Not only did they disrespect their spouses, but your house and yourself! talk to them one on one! Get that shyt taken care of and stop stressing over it. STRESS = FAT

I would do exactly this ^^^^^!!! It was your house and you saw them so pull them aside at work and tell them what you saw. I don't think it's your place to tell their spouses but since you do work with these two I would make it known to them!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Stay out of it. There *kitten* will catch up with them. I just switched hair stylists and found out from my new stylist that my old stylist is cheating on her husband with one of my new stylists's clients! I know all of these people, including the husband being cheated on, but it's not my place to meddle.

Hair stylists know EVERYTHING.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Tell. If I was the one being cheated on I would be devestated that my SO was cheating and I would be extremely hurt that someone knew but chose not to tell me.
    It would be a friendship ended for sure, if not told.
  • esl269
    esl269 Posts: 29 Member
    I would tell everyone that someone else told me they saw it...

You still get the gossip and drama, without all the blowback.
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    your hubby was in the kitchen. you shoulda got yourself some action elsewhere in the house whilst he was preoccupied ;o)
  • If you write it down on a piece of paper and lay it out on accident where someone could possibly see it, then you are free and clear of any guilt of tattling.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Tell the office big mouth

if thats you then just tell everyone else as you normally would.
  • NdBuk
    NdBuk Posts: 25
    Pfft, I'd tell all my friends. If the word somehow makes it way back to their spouses, oh well. It'd be good for them actually since they don't have to spend one more day with cheating *kitten*.

I hadn't thought of this. Good idea. It protects the work environment too. See if you can plant some seeds in a way that they're sure to grow. Hmm....

Nah. Telling your friends / colleagues just makes you a gossip.
    What you might want to do is confidentially ask their advice about what to do. For proper advice of course they'll need to know who, what and where. All confidentially of course.
    Obviously for a balanced view you should canvass as much advice as possible...
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Its a tough situation. I wouldnt want to be involved in that kinda of drama.

However...If it were my husband sneeking around my back having an affair with another woman I would want someone to tell me.

You gotta ask yourself if you would want someone to tell you if it were you.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Not your place to do anything about it. They are two adults, you aren’t their parents.
    Unless you are close friends with one of the spouses then you would have to decide if you wish to be the messenger of bad news. Most people know when they are being cheated on, many time you live in denial until you can face it and it matters not what anyone else tells you.. Unless you possibly had proof like video or photos..
  • jeleclekat
    jeleclekat Posts: 124 Member
    Throw another party. Wait til they disappear again, track them down with a camera. Take the picture, and hold it for ransom. Once they know they've been caught, they'll play favorites with your - anything you want or need...lol They'll walk on eggs around you at work, always wondering where that picture is and who has seen it. I think it will make them miserable....
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    MYOB Secrets have a way of coming out regardless of how well they are kept, don't involve yourself in that drama, though I have a feeling you are itching to tell a whole lot more of people. Keep us updated on the salacious scandal
    popcorn.gif

I want to tell everybody I know. It's killing me. I am terrible at keeping secrets. All my friends know how horrible I am at it lol

It's not your secret to keep - it's theirs. Tell your bf or tell your bff. And don't worry about who they tell.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Oh man this sucks. From one blabbermouth to another, I feel ya. I can't keep a secret. I am getting married in less than 10 months and I wanna show my fiance my gown soooo bad. But we both want him to be surprised. Good thing he's stronger than I. I don't thingk he'll ever get a birthday, anniversary, or hoilday gift that I haven't already spilled the beans about. Poor guy. Umm, I would only tell people in the general, anonymous way like here on MFP. Oh and you can tell your hubby. But no telling anyone at work or you'll be sorry. And whatever you do, don't let the two cheaters know you know. If you do, when it comes out eventually, they will assume you told. They'll think you leaked the info that got them caught. And you really don't wanna get involved.
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    They made it your business by doing it in your house. I would pull them both aside and tell them how it made you feel and leave ut at that. That's all you can control.
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Call the spouses anonymously. Don't spread the rumor or you risk it coming back to you. You would want someone to call you.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Just keep your mouth very much shut, they are adults, you just get on with your life & let them lead theirs
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Wondering what you did? Did you tell and who?