c25k

Options
Would anyone like to join me. Starting this on monday and could do with a running buddy for some motivation. Have done c25k before and thought it was great. Been out of action for months but now able to buckle down.

Replies

• magsi25
    magsi25 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Surely somebody would like to join me.
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    hey!
    I'm going to start today or mybe tomorrow as Im still recovering from the flu and hoping to be better in the morning!
    How far did you get last time?
  • magsi25
    Options
    I got right through the last time, was given a huge work load then had an operation. Lesser work load now so more time and able to get back to running and gym again tomorrow with ok from doctor. Looking forward to it.. Would love it if you could join me. I'm going to be switching between road and treadmill depending on weather.
  • PurpleMilly
    PurpleMilly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    good luck with C25K, I recently completed it & am now running 5K+ 3 times a week! At the start I couldn't even imagine running 1K! There's an MFP C25K group, lots of support & advice over there http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/47-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k-
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting week three so a tiny bit ahead.
    I hate running! I've always found it so uncomfortable. I tried to do this with my husband a couple of years ago and bailed out, but now I understand that my mistake was trying to keep pace with him and exhausting myself right away. I am slowly being converted to being a runner.

Since you've done it before, how did you find the different weeks? I just find it hard to believe that this week I run for three minutes at a time and in two weeks I'll run for 20 minutes - that seems so steep!
  • BFarnsworth
    BFarnsworth Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Im halfway thru week 4 and a heavy guy. You'll enjoy it ... its gotten me to like running in the morning.
  • magsi25
    Options
    I hate running! I've always found it so uncomfortable. I tried to do this with my husband a couple of years ago and bailed out, but now I understand that my mistake was trying to keep pace with him and exhausting myself right away. I am slowly being converted to being a runner.

Since you've done it before, how did you find the different weeks? I just find it hard to believe that this week I run for three minutes at a time and in two weeks I'll run for 20 minutes - that seems so steep!

If I didn't feel I could manage to push to the next week I just repeated the last. I think the first time it actually took me about 12 weeks rather than the 9.
  • AnjaZ89
    Options
    I DID IIIIIT :D
    Im so proud of myself that I finished the whole thing :)
    I ran/walked at 8min/km or 12:54min/mi. I felt like a turtle.. But I know time will bring faster kilometers :D
    Did you already start?

Contrats to everybody that is already deeper into the program I admire that will power you guys have! Keep on dping it!
  • magsi25
    Options
    I DID IIIIIT :D
    Im so proud of myself that I finished the whole thing :)
    I ran/walked at 8min/km or 12:54min/mi. I felt like a turtle.. But I know time will bring faster kilometers :D
    Did you already start?

Contrats to everybody that is already deeper into the program I admire that will power you guys have! Keep on dping it!

Well done, starting is the hardest bit. Can't wait till tomorrow to get started.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options

If I didn't feel I could manage to push to the next week I just repeated the last. I think the first time it actually took me about 12 weeks rather than the 9.

I ended up having to do week 3 twice. Now I'm on my 2nd week of week 4. I'll get to week 5 eventually.
  • Stacjsteinert5
    Stacjsteinert5 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I will help motivate you! I am on week 5 starting tomorrow! I love the program!
  • magsi25
    Options
    On treadmill today. Continued the intervals from week one to do the full 5k. Done better than I thought. 39mins 17 secs. Feel much better now I've started.
  • kass22185
    kass22185 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i just started yesterday. I've tried and given up before, hoping to stick with it this time!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I started it.... but kinda fell off the bandwagon. I really do want to do it all the way through. Feel free to add me! I will start it with ya. :)
  • magsi25
    Options
    Must be fitter than I thought. Done the full 5k walk/jog in under 37 minutes. Happy days.
  • kass22185
    Options
    today will be week 1 day 2 for me. Day 1 was hard and I skipped 2 of the "jogging" parts. Hoping to make it the right way today. What pace are you guys doing during each section? just out of curiosity. I am walking at 3.0 and jogging at 4.4. I know that's not fast or anything, but I have short legs and am a beginner, so I'm not trying to sprint or anything.
  • AnjaZ89
    Options
    I do my warm up at home and then get out a little before the first run, and then stop my watch after the last running cycle.
    Then I measure the distance on internet and get my speed and everything.
    Today (W1D2) it was 5.1mph and 11:46min/mi. And surprised that it is so much better then day one, lets wait for day 3 to compare!

@kass
    dont worry about your speed! Its about finishing 5k what is amazing whether it is 50min or 25min!
    Some are faster then others. look at me, always hated running and now I see Im actually not that bad at it.
  • magsi25
    Options
    I do my warm up at home and then get out a little before the first run, and then stop my watch after the last running cycle.
    Then I measure the distance on internet and get my speed and everything.
    Today (W1D2) it was 5.1mph and 11:46min/mi. And surprised that it is so much better then day one, lets wait for day 3 to compare!

@kass
    dont worry about your speed! Its about finishing 5k what is amazing whether it is 50min or 25min!
    Some are faster then others. look at me, always hated running and now I see Im actually not that bad at it.

absolutely right. Go at your own pace. If you try too go too fast you will get really down and give up. Keep it up. Well worth it in the end.
  • kass22185
    Options
    week 1 day 2 done! (yesterday) I made it through all the jogging sections with minimal breaks. Still trying to find a comfortable pace, and I need to learn how to breath better. But I am really liking checking in with you guys, keeps me going! How is everyone today?
  • Terryism
    Terryism Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I got through week 4, but haven't been able to do it the last week so I'm going to do week 4 again. At least once to see how bad I screwed myself, :blushing: