looking for a coach

Options
I am at my highest weight and I have spent most of the last ten years sitting still or lying down. I really want to get moving but I am finding most of the 'beginning' stuff is too advanced for where I am fitness-wise. I have lots of knowledge about health and nutrition but none about physical fitness and exercise. I am also struggling to overcome self judgement and shame. I do some sugar binging. I really need a hand, please.

Thank you, Heather

Replies

• Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Support has been crucial for me, but I never had the guts to ask for help (silly, right). So good for you to go after what you need to get what you want. Keep reaching out and you'll find the support you need :) I'd be happy to help you along!
    Besh wishes.
  • lindajwebb2
    lindajwebb2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather - you've made a massive step forward in asking for help - and you so deserve some support in this. I am no coach, but have acheived the fitness goals that I can live with - I am never going to be obsessed with working out or being thin.

Firstly, you need to be kind to yourself and only do what you can currently do and build on that on a daily, weekly, monthly basis - whichever suits you.

I would suggest you find some exercises (youtube maybe) that you can do sitting in a chair - I am sure that you can find a range of these which will take you from the very basic movements until you feel ready to move on. I would suggest having some very light handweights or bottles of water than you can use easily, and working to a level that suits you, be that 10 minutes or 20 minutes and building up to 30 mins max per day intially. I would suggest that you ensure you include a couple minutes (say 5 over a 30 minute workout) of warming up and cooling down - those muscles will need it.

Don't be so hard on yourself - just make a small start, each small step every day will grow into something more positive for you - get some charts together so that you can monitor your progress and measure all areas of your body - not just bust, waist, hips, but also top of arms, top of legs, top of knees.

I am no expert, but do please feel free to add me.

Hope this helps.

Linda