The Food List Challenge

Options
Hi, all. How adventurous are you with trying new things? Check out this Challenge - http://www.listchallenges.com/100foods/. Then share how you scored.

When you select your foods, you can save your changes and it continues you to the next step, which asks you if you want to share it on your Facebook page (if you have one). I chose not to keep going - but it's up to you if you want to continue!

I did this about 2 years ago (I think), and scored 50, and was just thinking about it this morning and wondering how I would score today. So I scored 64 today - it really challenged me to keep trying new things!!

Some things I have never even heard of - has anyone ever tried:

Durian; Fugu; Head Cheese; Paneer; Spaetzle; Umeboshi?

Wil

Replies

• Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Haha! I nee to be more adventurous with food. I scored 19. And I've never heard of most of those foods,
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    scored 47 out 100, lower then I thought since I travel a lot and love to try everything.
  • marissa14danielle
    marissa14danielle Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness i scored 12.. i definitely need to be more adventurous with my food!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Very interesting, I scored a 19!
  • at206155
    at206155 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Some things I have never even heard of - has anyone ever tried:
    Durian; Fugu; Head Cheese; Paneer; Spaetzle; Umeboshi?
    Wil

Head cheese is a meat dish using brain, tongue and sometimes offal. It's weird but it can be nice.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_cheese
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    40. And most of those (like eel and black pudding) were as a kid.
  • roguestates
    Options
    I scored 79... so many things on that list were basic! I'd love to try kangaroo.
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    46 with no problems but it made me realize I need to get out more! :)
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I scored 30. boooo
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    39, better than I thought it would be. Seemed like a lot we're desserts, may explain why I have so much weight to lose :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I got 32.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I scored a 56; shocked me too...but this comes from 23 years of marriage to a chef (he has forced me to try a lot of things...I never said I liked them all :laugh: )
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I got 50 out of 100
  • aubreykkkk
    aubreykkkk Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, so I'm very limited with my score! I think I tried everything that I could though...
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I scored 79... so many things on that list were basic! I'd love to try kangaroo.

I actually had raw kangaroo at Tim Love's restaurant, Lonesome Dove last week, which puts my total at 55 out of 100. I will never try Durian though, even Andrew Zimmern doesn't like it!
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I scored 32, but I'm not big on fried food or raw food so that cut a lot for me ;)
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I got 64, but there were a lot of things I recognized but haven't gotten to try yet
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I scored 53...There's not a whole lot I won't eat.
  • MarlinWil
    MarlinWil Posts: 119 Member
    Options

I agree, and am totally impressed with your score. I am so glad I can say that I HAVE tried kangaroo - not too bad. More a gamey meat. Surprised they don't have crocodile on the list (if they did, I would have scored 65!). I would like to try to hit at least another 15 foods in the next 12 months, if I can.
  • rasgueado
    rasgueado Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mine was 77...fun to try new things.