Is it time to start lifting more yet?

Options
I lift 3 days a week, run 3 times a week. I'm at about 196 lbs at 5'9" (male). I think I'm endomorphic, wide frame (NOT big boned lol :P). Using online calculators and such I figure I'm in the neighborhood of 23-24% body fat which isn't good I know. That's the number I want to be lowering now more so than the number on the scale. Should I scale back on the cardio to lift more? What kind of lifting routine would you guys suggest for someone in my shoes? I've been running for years on and off, the weights is something more new to me, I'm about 3 months in doing a simple three day split of mostly compound lifts.

The people who drop their body fat really low (I'm only looking to get to like 12-15% as a start) seem to do more Strength Training than cardio, I've seen a couple of routines that suggest lifting 6 times a week, with 2 sessions of cardio a week.. is something like that a good idea? I don't want mass, more of a lean muscular look as much as my genetics will take me!

Plus how much cardio is too much (in terms of trying to retain lean muscle)? I usually run for ~36 minutes with 10 minutes to warm up and cool down each so almost an hour on the treadmill.