Hardest Time of the Day for You?

Options
13»

Replies

• jwrizzle
    Options
    Mine is right after work, when I'm driving home. I'm such an emotional eater, whatever day I've had, I feel like I need to reward myself or eat my feelings. I'm also the most hungry then.

I feel you there! I am so the same way!
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    evening/night when I've finished what I have to do for the day. That down time is hard because I feel like I should be doing something. You know like eating ice cream. :noway:
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    When I get home from work until dinner is on the table. I find the solution to this is to make sure you allot some snacking calories to this time period. If you plan it, you can be sure to make it satisfying but healthy instead of binge-like.
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if anyone else experiences a particular time of day that is the hardest for them to get through, in terms of having cravings. How about anyone else? When is your hardest part of the day?

My hardest time of the day is 3:00 and my coworkers know it and plan accordingly lol.
    If there are leftover bagels, donuts, cupcakes or other office treats I would eat them (that was the old me).
    Now they either hide them or throw them out for me so that I don't do anything stupid lol.
    When I know I'm working out that day, I'll plan to have a protein bar, an apple and some almonds for my mid-day snack.
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Mine is dinner. Used to be my largest meal of the day. 2 to 3 servings especially on pasta days. I am also a fast eater and I have 2 growing boys and a man that is strength training so it's hard to just sit there when I am done with my 'normal size portion' and watch them eat so much.
    But on the bright side I don't feel fat and lazy after dinner anymore and I get so much more accomplished before bed. :happy:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Afternoons, when I'm stuck at work getting restless and bored. I start thinking of Frappuccino's loaded with whipped cream mmmmmm. I'll usually take a walk to Starbuck and select a healthier option. Gets me out of the office and I'll get my caffeine fix without blowing 500 calories:drinker:
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    The hardest time for me is after work when I'm cooking dinner. It's like I'm starving to death and have to eat everything in sight!! :) I started chewing gum and that has helped a bit.