Turkey Trot

Options
Has anyone signed up yet, or plan on signing up for a Turkey Trot this year? I just signed up for my first Turkey Trot. This will be my 2nd 5k race (ran first one last weekend).

Replies

• fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I signed up for a local Turkey Trot......my very first running 'thing' ever. I am still doing C25K, start week 5 tomorrow . I really did not think I would/could ever run but so far I feel great about making it to this point. I won't finish the C25K by November 4 and I know I will not be able to run the entire 5 k but at least I want to try and see what I can do. I have been looking at the website for the Berbee Derby here on Thanksgiving morning but have not signed up (yet). I think I'll wait to see how the (slow run/walk) Turkey Trot goes....... :ohwell:
  • ambate2
    ambate2 Posts: 61
    Options
    I signed up for a local Turkey Trot......my very first running 'thing' ever. I am still doing C25K, start week 5 tomorrow . I really did not think I would/could ever run but so far I feel great about making it to this point. I won't finish the C25K by November 4 and I know I will not be able to run the entire 5 k but at least I want to try and see what I can do. I have been looking at the website for the Berbee Derby here on Thanksgiving morning but have not signed up (yet). I think I'll wait to see how the (slow run/walk) Turkey Trot goes....... :ohwell:

Good for you!!! You'll do great and I bet you'll even surprise yourself. Remember, no matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch! My turkey trot is on Thanksgiving morning.
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I am doing a turkey trot!! My first turkey trot as well... I have done many 5ks though.
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My husband and I do one every Thanksgiving! I think it's a great way to start the day!
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the TT too -- started C25K in late Sept -- so I should be ready. Hard to believe though. I'm up to 28 minutes of running, and I'm reallllllllll slow -- but I still have a few weeks left to get there. I just want to be able to run the whole thing, and do so in a decent time (I have no idea what a decent time is for a first time runner. I had never run more than 1 mile, and that was back in high school, back before the internet was invented)
  • fitmommy75
    fitmommy75 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a Turkey Trot. The one here is a 5 miler and I'm a bit nervous. LOL The most I've ran is 3.1 miles.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 5 mile Turkey Trot, and it's my first too!

Most I've run is 4 miles, so I'm sure I'll be able to complete it no problem!
  • mcdaws
    mcdaws Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a Turkey Trot too on Thanksgiving morning. I'm on week 5 of Couch to 5K so I should be ready.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    My first race ever was a turkey trot. It's become a regular part of Thanksgiving now. I'll be doing 10k thanksgiving morning.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I want to but can't find one.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I will be! Not my first race, but this is the first year I've been running so it's my first Turkey Trot. I'm excited! I even convinced my dad and brother to join me.
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing the Turkey Trot Thanksgiving morning here in Cincinnati. Ours is a 10k and I'm nervous. I've done about 8 5k's now, but this will be my first 10k. The farthest I've ran is 5 miles. I'm going to have to shoot for some good long (5-6) mile runs to prepare in the next couple weeks. I've never done a Turkey Trot before, but everyone says this one is super fun and just a big ol' party in the streets. I can't wait!
  • StephTheBookworm
    StephTheBookworm Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm doing one! It will be my very first race! 2.5 miles. I'm so pumped! :)
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    There is a 10K in a nearby town that I was considering, but I decided I just don't want to take the time on Thanksgiving morning. I will be doing a lot of cooking and don't need the stress! I will be running 6 miles on my own though.
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yup. Just signed up for our turkey trot yesterday. Ours is not on Thanksgiving day though but on 17Nov. I'm in N Japan so it may be snowing by then. It's my second 5K in a month so i'm excited and hope I can do well even if it's freezing!
  • BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My daughter (17) and I will be doing one - she asked me, and said we could run at my pace!!
  • TexanThom
    Options
    Yep....Doing my first 5k this year. Downtown Dallas.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Yesss!! Sacramento Run To Feed The Hungry!! I do it every year!
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have one on Saturday and then another one with killer hills on Thanksgiving Day. Can only talk my son into joining me. So I fully suspect (demand) that my hubby start the cooking while we are gone. Haha.

I am at week 8 OF C25K and stalling there... but still working it...
  • tarakizer
    Options
    I did my first and only Turkey Trot two years ago. I've done a few 5ks since then and am now running more than a 5k 2-3 times per week. So I'll be skipping an official Turkey Trot this year but plan on doing my normal 5k+ run in the morning. Turkey Trots are a lot of fun and a great way to start such a hard diet day! Have fun!