Not sure if i'm done yet...

Options
ishallnotwant
ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
I don't know if my image will post, I tried to link it from my facebook account...

The first pic was taken in Feb, when I had lost a little over 10 pounds since the new year. In the second, I had lost a little over 30 pounds. I am 5 foot 6, and I started the year at 177.4 pounds on January 1st. I've gotten down to 143, and usually hover between 145 and 149 now. September pic was about 150 pounds.) I wanted to lose about 10 to 15 more pounds from the September pic, but my husband and family members have made comments about my wrist and collar bones sticking out as it is. I do still have more to lose in my tummy, hips & thighs, but if I go much lower my bones will be sticking out a lot more than they already do.

I'm 35, soon to be 36 (around Christmas.) I've had 5 children and I guess my goal isn't really to rock a bikini or anything-I have asthma and a heart problem and I really just want to be healthy so that I can enjoy the blessings of being a mom and wife. I wouldn't mind looking a bit more fit though...do you think I should lose any more?

beforeafter-1.jpg

ETA: Sorry, i'm going to upload pic to photobucket & resize it.

Replies

• stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i copied the image location and pasted it into my address bar... and wow you look amazing!! congrats!!

you know you could always do strength training if you dont want to lose any more, thatll drop your body fat percentage and give you a more "fit" look like you're wanting.. but i think you look a-mazing!!

and also how do you FEEL? about your self... and health wise.. do you feel good as it is?? ultimately it is YOUR body :)
  • wkrd
    wkrd Posts: 45
    Options
    You look great. And I agree strength training will do wonders for your body. Tighten everything up and make you feel as young as you look!
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Looking good and as with the others I would focus on toning/strength training to go after the rest...
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Saving for later....
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm echoing what the others say. I wouldn't aim for LOSS, but would focus on the strength training as your next step. I am also 5'6" and my goal is 150 where I will decide if I want to go for 140. But seeing you at 150, I think I would be thrilled there! You have to work at achieving the fitness level that YOU require to feel good. Don't worry about family member comments. You'll know when you feel just right.
  • GaidenJade
    Options
    I can definitely relate. I am getting closer to my goal and I notice how thin I look in certain areas of my body. I always lose in my upper body, face and arms first. And of course that is where everyone looks first. So when my clavicles and cheek bones begin to show more and become defined people think I am good. That I shouldn't lose anymore. But they don't look at me naked, or know what my goals are.

As long as you are not going too far, as long as you start focusing on building more muscle, I think you should be fine. Lose more if you think you should, but build muscle around your chest and shoulder to help balance off the thinner areas and it will help you not look 'emaciated'. Not saying you do, I think you look great, but that word has been used to describe me and I'm still nearly 30 lbs overweight.

I don't like when people say this is all about you, I mean it is, but we have families that we care about, who care about us and we don t' want our journey to becoming healthy to put any barriers between those we love. But you need to weigh all your options, maintain for a while if you are unsure and do what is best for your health.

Good luck! And really..... you look great! :drinker:
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Saving for later....

Very strange, I never even opened this thread, not sure how this response ended up here.

You are looking good, do what feels right to you and don't worry about others, as long as you keep it healthy. :)
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I think you look great!

I would continue with healthy eating and excercise because it's good for you. It's a positive way of life and it gives you satisfaction to feel accomplished.
  • APBTChampion
    APBTChampion Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You look WONDERFUL! Congratulations on all your success!

But I do have one thing to say...

Your journey is about YOU! Do YOU want to lose more weight? Do YOU think you should?

We are merely watchers, companions along the road to your success... cheering you on the entire way. If you want to lose more weight, we will be your cheering squad. If you're happy with where you are, then we will celebrate with you. :heart:
  • mcgraw0204
    Options
    I don't know if my image will post, I tried to link it from my facebook account...

The first pic was taken in Feb, when I had lost a little over 10 pounds since the new year. In the second, I had lost a little over 30 pounds. I am 5 foot 6, and I started the year at 177.4 pounds on January 1st. I've gotten down to 143, and usually hover between 145 and 149 now. September pic was about 150 pounds.) I wanted to lose about 10 to 15 more pounds from the September pic, but my husband and family members have made comments about my wrist and collar bones sticking out as it is. I do still have more to lose in my tummy, hips & thighs, but if I go much lower my bones will be sticking out a lot more than they already do.

I'm 35, soon to be 36 (around Christmas.) I've had 5 children and I guess my goal isn't really to rock a bikini or anything-I have asthma and a heart problem and I really just want to be healthy so that I can enjoy the blessings of being a mom and wife. I wouldn't mind looking a bit more fit though...do you think I should lose any more?

beforeafter-1.jpg

ETA: Sorry, i'm going to upload pic to photobucket & resize it.

You look great, and congrats. Most of my life, I have went up and down in weight, from 280 down to 210 etc, playing the I'm Done game..........and thats when i realized....you are never really DONE. There is only, Whats next? Once I realized that, my weight is no longer an issue. Fitness should be your goal, don't worry about the number. I will echo some of the others, weightlifting will do wonders for you. It will give you that fit look, you are talking about as long as your diet supports what you are trying to accomplish. Good luck, and remember......YOU ARE NEVER DONE!!!
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. As long as you stay in the healthy bmi range eg. Check out mayo clinic for this you are fine. I am to b in the middle of the healthy bmi range, not at the lower end just in case
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!