I am so horribly embarrassed!

Options
I took my daughter to Legoland this evening. We live just a couple of miles away and can go often with our season passes. Usually my dad takes my daughter but I wanted to take her this time. I have to use my dad's scooter because I can't walk more than a few minutes before I'm crippled from my back. So we get there and the first ride she wanted to go on I had never been on before. So it came up to us and I got into the seat and (you guessed it) I didn't fit. I was stuffed in there so tight that there was no way I could ride that ride. Okay so I'm so humiliated because we're holding up the line and then the real fun part starts -- me trying to get my fat azz out of it. I was in there so tight. So the girl helped me and got me out of the damn thing. I walked off of the ride with my head down. I couldn't even look up because I was so embarrassed. My daughter had to ride it alone. We went to another rollercoaster but I was so embarrassed from the first one that I didn't even try. We did go on another rollercoaster and I knew I fit because I had been on it with her before.

I am so ashamed. :cry:

Replies

• neverturningbacknow
    Options
    Sent you a message ;)
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    been there done that... but it felt so great when i could once again ride a roller coaster this summer.

set yourself a goal say by xxx date i will be able to take my daughter on that ride...
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Very sorry you had to go thru that. Now's the time to pick yourself up and decide that next time will be different. Good luck!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me once. I know it's not uncommon. Turn the negative into a positive and use it for motivation. :)
  • Gennybunny96
    Gennybunny96 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear that :( no one should ever feel the humiliation of having to go through that. Last year my daughter and I went to an amazement park and she wanted to go on an old time Ferris wheel, well we were led to our seat by this really good looking guy and I fit but it was a very tight squeeze and the very attractive attendant looked at me with pity in his eyes. Oh but it gets better, he asked me since I didn't look comfortable if I shouldn't just try to get out and sit at the gate for my girl. Me, being defiant and angry, told him to just start the darn ride. I was miserable the whole time. Because of so much fat pushed in, in the most uncomfortable way, I got sick and felt like I was going to throw up. Once it was done, the attendant unhooked us and just shook his head as we walked away. Honey, we are here for you and as embrassing as it was, it may be your realization and motivation to acheive your goals. You are not alone, I bet a good 70-80% of people on here have similar stories
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me on a roller coaster at 6 flags. It was my senior trip and I waited in line for what seemed like forever to get on this ride. I sat in the seat which was a little snug but not too bad. I then tried to buckle the seat belt and it wouldnt reach across my stomach! I looked at my friend and told her I had to get off. I was so embarassed. That happened 5 years ago. It also happened again this summer. My butt was too big to fit in one of the seats on a ride at a fair. I got off the ride and some teenage girls were laughing at me. I'm not sure if they thought I was getting off because I was too scared or because they saw I couldnt fit. Either way, I was humiliated. Keep your head high! You can do this!
  • jaxrich
    jaxrich Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What a reward it will be to return in a few months time and tackle this ride again -and share your success with your daughter!!!
  • ChadB74
    ChadB74 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Everyone has that "this is it" moment and now that you have, just stay on this site, use the calories counter, use friends and this time next year, tell us how fun it was to go on all the rides with your daughter....best wishes
  • amann1976
    Options
    btw dont look at it as humiliating look at it as "eye opening"
  • chelsiem87
    chelsiem87 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    btw dont look at it as humiliating look at it as "eye opening"

Agreed. I also had this happen to me a few years ago. Yes it is humiliating but it does open your eyes and make you realize, I shouldn't feel like this if I like going to amusement parks. I haven't rode any coasters or many rides since then b/c i'm gun shy of the humiliation. I'm changing that now...and you can TOO!!! You can do this!! :bigsmile:
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I think we all have that "trigger" that snaps us into a healthier future. Maybe this was yours? Wishing you much success.
  • nolachick85
    Options
    I'm so sorry that happened to you. We all have embarrassing stories. I know I have a few that still makes me want to scream and hide my face. You are hanging in there and doing something about it, so keep it up!
  • amann1976
    Options
    The same thing happened to me on a roller coaster at 6 flags. It was my senior trip and I waited in line for what seemed like forever to get on this ride. I sat in the seat which was a little snug but not too bad. I then tried to buckle the seat belt and it wouldnt reach across my stomach! I looked at my friend and told her I had to get off. I was so embarassed. That happened 5 years ago. It also happened again this summer. My butt was too big to fit in one of the seats on a ride at a fair. I got off the ride and some teenage girls were laughing at me. I'm not sure if they thought I was getting off because I was too scared or because they saw I couldnt fit. Either way, I was humiliated. Keep your head high! You can do this!

now they have the tester seat that you try before you wait in line which is a good thing i guess... this summer i didnt even use the tester seat i just walked through the line with confidence knowing i wasn't going to have any problems... damn that felt good i wanted to just let out a giant Johnny Drama "victoryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" shout.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    At least you are taking steps toward changing and not being in denial. And it took a lot of courage to post this! I find that extremely admirable. Good luck on your journey, and I am sorry that happened to you. Hugs! :flowerforyou:
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind that it is not the just about what happened, but how we respond to it that defines who we are. Chin up and just keep moving forward. :) This time next year, you will not only fit, but have room to spare!
  • weightnomore33
    weightnomore33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Don't be ashamed. Be motivated. Make yourself a promise. Give yourself a goal and then go back there and ride that ride.
  • Valm0n
    Valm0n Posts: 88
    Options
    Well, I imagine the humiliation quite well.... Now it's up to you to remember this story as a motivator; "Never Again" :wink:

This didn't happen to me, but another "incompatibility" between my weight and some fun fair carousel...
    Some years ago I went with my gf on this:

man%C3%A8ge-sensation-vertige-peur-parc-attraction-f%C3%AAte-foraine.jpg

but because of my belly, I couldn't lock the harness... the showman tried once, twice, trice... the fourth time the belt clipped... but I spent 4 minutes on this carousel scared as hell that the belt could open suddenly... that was the only time I really thought I was gonna die... :grumble:
  • robyng1
    Options
    Been there, done that. OMG can it get any worse??? but !!!! By me reading about you on this app I know that you are already on the journey that will change your life completely! And !!! that awful moment will be nothing be a memory in a period of time in your "other" life. As difficult as it seems, this MAJOR negative event can be made it into somethnig positve. Seems like this kind of memory can make a perfect motivational moment to keep yourself on track. Don't dwell on it.. Hold your head up and stay strong. You can do it. Keep on the journey so you can be there for your daughter. She is looking at you to lead her through life. Eating right, exercising and staying positive through the tough times makes an impression on how she can handle things. Just like you!!! Ounce by ounce, pound by pound. Work with the system. You can do this. You can do it for her but you have to do it for you first. You are stronger than you think!!
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    Sorry this happened. I hope you are okay and just shake it off. Take it one day at a time.
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Sorry that happened...but I can't wait to see the flipside of this story posted as an NSV in the future! You can do this!