Tall Females?

Options

Replies

• downsize21
    downsize21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'9 as well, and was always one of the tallest kids in the class growing up. my birthday is also at the end of October - so many of us here! :happy:

I was at my heaviest at about 106kg and currently keep going from around 90-94kg. Would ultimately like to get down to around 75kg but for now would just be nice to be back in the 80's :ohwell:

feel free to add me if you want :smile:
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    This thread is useless without pictures.

Just saying.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I'm 178 sm. it's 5.10 I guess.
  • Dr_sparky
    Dr_sparky Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and down nearly 10kg from 95 to 85.6. I hope to buy my first pair of size 14 trousers next week. As long as I've been buying my own clothes, I've been a size 16+.... I love being tall but being in a male profession it probably helps...hard for a man to look down at you if your taller than him lol. Actually I'M looking forward to be svelte.
  • isitsororo
    Options
    5'9, add me if you want. Looking to go from 119ish lbs to 115.

I appreciate my height, but I avoid heels because I don't want to have to bend over to talk to over all the pipsqueak ladies!
  • pinkcoconutz
    Options
    5' 10" here, too! :happy:
  • joanne70
    joanne70 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 10 and love being tall :smile: I want to get down to 154 at the mo I'm 183 . At my heaviest I was 196. People say I don't need to lose weight but being tall I do carry it well. Feel free to add me anyone always on here .
  • alaty211
    alaty211 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ive always been the tallest girl I knew 5'10. Here and there I have met others a little taller than me. I sometimes hate it because I cant wear heels w/o feeling "gigantic". Then theres always someone with a mean remark, like "amazon" or "big bird" lol. But I have gotten over it, I cant change who I am so I learned to embrace it. Seems like all the little guys love tall women, there's been so many til im at the point now, like it just isnt happening anymore...you have to be atleast my height or taller. Im not the model thin either im 238lbs and would like to be 185. I have to take the seem out of the long pants just to make them longer...lol *works for me*. Overall I have struggled with acceptance of my height, but at the end of the day I am who I am and my height doesnt make me!
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and also hated it as a kid, but am fine with it now. At my heaviest I was 196 and wearing size 16/18. Now I'm at 145 and size 8 ish. At this point I think I look pretty good and am wanting to work on lowering my body fat percentage and increasing/maintaining muscle.
  • dianita22
    Options
    I'm 5'10" I HATE being 160, trying to get back down to 135, but it feels like climbing a mountain
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I agree,Im 5 ft 10 right now I'm at a very unhappy 161lbs. I hate being considered plus size. I wear a 12 most of the time. When my husband and I started dating I was 135lbs and thought I was FAT then, now Im like wow. Ive given birth to 5 beautiful boys since.

I have 5 boys too!! I am only 5'8" though...
  • daburnsie
    Options
    Hey there! I'm five ten and a quarter...LOL.

The weight thing really doesn't matter. When I was at my most fit I weighed in at 152 and wore an 8/10.

At 172, I'm in a 12. The more I lift, the more I weigh....I do have some fat, but I think if I worked out more (cardio...I hate cardio), I could weigh 160 and still fit a size 10.

Before I started lifting weights, I had to be down to 135 to 140 to fit an 8/10. So the muscle really does weigh more than the fat.
  • mphwizzkid
    Options
    Im 5'8 and have just realized in the past few years that 5'8 isnt really considered THAT tall anymore. I used to loath being tall when i was a kid but now i dont mind it so much....Now convincing me to wear 4 and 5 inch heels...im still working on that!
  • hjensen2263
    hjensen2263 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have advice with being tall and having a higher weight because you're tall? I'm 5'9", but have trouble with my body image because my weight is higher than other thin and fit peoples. I weigh 135, and know that is a very healthy weight for my height, but still have trouble not viewing myself as fat. Has anyone overcome this problem?
  • mphwizzkid
    Options
    Tall men are the natural loves of my life! Plus, all the men in my family are HUGE so im used to it lol
  • DrunkCinderella
    Options
    I'm 6 feet tall! But I'm Dutch and it's kind of... common, here? I mean, I'm still taller than average, but I do see women who are my height every day. Seems like some younger girls are growing even taller!
  • mphwizzkid
    Options
    i'm 5'7"...is that considered tall? and i added you! i need more support buddies:D

Not really, but we will still be your friend! lol :):)
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have advice with being tall and having a higher weight because you're tall? I'm 5'9", but have trouble with my body image because my weight is higher than other thin and fit peoples. I weigh 135, and know that is a very healthy weight for my height, but still have trouble not viewing myself as fat. Has anyone overcome this problem?

You have to be comfortable with your body image. Dont focus on the number on the scale!! Focus on body fat % and what your image of health is. My husband is 6 ft and I am 5'8". My ideal weight is higher than his based on my body frame. He has a small frame, I have a large frame. I will forever be the same weight or heavier than him. Just remember, only you see that number on the scale!!
  • mphwizzkid
    Options
    I'm 5'9"....embrace your height! I love being tall and wearing heels. We tall women can hide our pounds a little better than my friend who is 4'11" :)

I wish I was more confident about my height and could wear tall heels. I always feel like im towering over people! Im 5'8
  • m4wbag
    m4wbag Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7". Am I tall? I used to be freaky tall in school but hubby has called me Frodo on a couple of occasions.