Weigh In's

Options

Replies

• labyrinthrunner
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. This is how I get feedback on what I am doing. That being said, I don't panick if the scale goes up once in a while. Fluctuations happen. I also log my weight everyday. It keeps me accountable and reminds me that other people are going to see it, so I better be good.
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. I usually log it just to keep myself accountable right now. I had previously not been logging my weight nor weighing daily & I got off track & gained back 3 of my 8lbs I'd already lost. I think that once I am feeling more confident in my ability to figure out the calories of things easier & my ability to do this, then I will likely log it only 1-2x per week instead. I do log losses & gains and I'm not the type to get bent out of shape if I see the scale go up one day from water retention. It happens :)
  • lustingforfitness
    Options
    I stopped letting the up's and down's of the scale bother me a few months ago when I started doing everything the healthy, right way. I weigh in any morning I don't feel super bloated but I only log it on MFP if it shows me a loss. xoxo
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm on maintenance, but when I was losing, I used to weigh every day (if I remembered) but only log when I had a loss. Since I didn't have a lot to lose to start with, my loss was very slow. Therefore, weeks would sometimes go by between loggings.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I last weighed months ago.

When the bits that shouldn't jiggle don't I'll hop on but until then I will live in ignorance and go by 'gut feel'.

It's just a number.
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday and log it every day. I'm watching for trends with my calories and exercise as well as am looking at some possible food tolerance/allergy, inflammation and sodium problems

It has been liberating to me to know that I have a downward TREND even though the daily weigh-ins are all over the place. I'm not stressing over the ups but know that as long as I stick to the program and keep at a calorie deficit it will go down in the long-run.
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Every single morning.
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log every monday morning after i pee. do a mid-week check sometimes but dont log till monday :happy:
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I usually only weigh once a week, but if I get a weight I don't like, I'll weigh the next day too to see if it was water or something. Like last week I was 255 and I weighed on my regular day and it was 256.9. Did not like! So I weighed myself on Friday and it was 252.9. Liked!!! So I recorded Friday's weight, of course. I was glad I did that.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I only step on the scale once a week now, monday mornings & I log it.
  • CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I only weigh in once a week, Sat a.m and log it and don't think about it till the next week when it starts all over again. I don't need to see (and get upset) over the daily ups & downs.

^ this I totally agree or else I get almost obsessive about it and the little fluctuations bother me.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I usually log for every two pounds lost, even if I have to go more than a week or two waiting for it.
  • MommaShorty
    MommaShorty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I get it from my mom she does the same thing but I weigh everyday (it's an addiction) but I try to long in on Friday or Saturday to weigh in somedays I want to weigh in on here even if it was the day before because I lost but Im trying to just stay with one day.
  • toberdawg
    Options
    I weigh daily. If my weight stays consistent for 2 days I log it. :) A little excessive for some . . . but, I find that I need to see the progress to be reminded what I am doing is working! Of course I have not gained anything in months. I have lost consistantly 1-2lb per week (except one month where I was at my first plateu).
  • Sabrina__26
    Options
    Only weigh in once a month! I only lost 3 lbs this month.. but that's about average. I'm on 1200 calories, exercise around 4-6 days per week. If I were to weigh every single week I'd go mad the weeks I lost nothing!
  • ohmelgosh79
    ohmelgosh79 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and log every so often. I'm horrible at logging my weight in here but I do have it on my calendar on Mondays at home.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I only log in my Wednesday weigh ins here though. I have another chart on line that I track my daily weigh in.
  • HoneyIShrunktheMom
    Options
    I only weigh-in once a week (Monday morning) and log it in my weight loss log, which is here on MFP. I am currently in a little weight loss competition where I have to send in a weigh-in Fridays. Even though I weigh myself on Friday I don't log it on MFP.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i weigh every day, religiously.
    I only record if the loss is more than .2 and I haven't recorded if it's gone up since I know it's only water and will be gone in a day or two.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Daily, first thing in the morning. Just takes a sec. I typically log it once or twice a week.