Creepy Facebook guy (Long rant)

Options
Arexxx
Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
Alright so I stalk a bit on Facebook, because it's a fantastic way to procrastinate. And while on Facebook today, I saw a friend of min e upload a "photoshoot" she recently did. She's a model. I use the term model loosely because she does not get paid for her work and her photos are only on Facebook.

Anyway, this was a dominatrix photoshot, so she was wearing a corset and underwear, quite revealing. But no big deal, people wear the same or less at the beach. I clicked on the photographers name and found that he is in his 50's and has his own photography page. So far my alarm bells were only ringing slightly.

So as I scrolled through his page I noticed 3 things.

1. He is not a qualified photographer
2. He does not get paid for his work
and lastly,
3. Literally 90% of his photos were of half naked teenage girls from my area.

These girls are not paid models.
Ther photos have not been published anywhere except Facebook.

One was actually a year below me in school, so she'd be about 17 now.
She appeared in a shoot where she was soaping up a pink vintage car, so, what you'd expect on a playboy mag. Just wearing a bikini, spreading her legs, tugging at her clothes ect. The caption for this "shoot" was "I never used to like pink... until now"

He has saved several of his photos to his personal account.

Perhaps I'm just prudish.
But I find a 50 something year old man taking half naked photos of teenage girls to be f*cking creepy.

And if people tell me to mind my own business, I just have to say this. Would you like this guy hanging outside your daughters high school and offering to take bikini photos of her?

Replies

• dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    *dusts off his old camera...*
  • Arexxx
    Options
    *dusts off his old camera...*

Just search "teen" on redtube.
    Then you dont have to waste time coaxing these girls back to your house with the promise of "One day you'll be a model"
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Lots of photographers do pics for trade. It's a good way to beef up your portfolio. And most girls who are interested in modeling end up taking some skeevy photos in the quest for a well rounded porftfolio of their own.
  • Arexxx
    Options
    Lots of photographers do pics for trade. It's a good way to beef up your portfolio. And most girls who are interested in modeling end up taking some skeevy photos in the quest for a well rounded porftfolio of their own.

I suppose this is true. But.. non one girl in this album is wearing more than a singlet and panties. And the fact that he saves the best ones to his personal account makes my skin crawl
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    And if people tell me to mind my own business, I just have to say this. Would you like this guy hanging outside your daughters high school and offering to take bikini photos of her?

NO, i wouldn't want him around my hypothetical daughter.... but I'd probably do the same thing if I thought I could get away with it.

But you can't. You should report him to the police. I 100% guarantee they will find photos of underage girls on his computer.

Is it that easy ladies? If I put up some photos of a pretty girl and claim I took them would you let me take half-naked photos of you?
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should at least voice your concerns to the police. No doubt they've dealt with pervs before, and can decide if their alarm bells are ringing on this/if he's done anything illegal yet.
  • melonsss
    melonsss Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi, Report him to the Police to-day !!!!. and remember you maybe saving a young girl form a life of abuse Best wishes
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options

NO, i wouldn't want him around my hypothetical daughter.... but I'd probably do the same thing if I thought I could get away with it.

But you can't. You should report him to the police. I 100% guarantee they will find photos of underage girls on his computer.

Is it that easy ladies? If I put up some photos of a pretty girl and claim I took them would you let me take half-naked photos of you?

I agree with most of this comment. I think the age and content is totally inappropriate. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my kids. I would also report him in a heart beat. If it's all somehow legit, there would be no harm anyhow. I feel bad for your friends, they may not see this as harmful but they have no idea where their photos will end up. I bet their folks would die if they knew some potential creeper took those pics of their daughters. I bet there would be some reporting at that point.

I do have to say kudos to you for being a "stand up" kind of friend. You sound like a girl who has her head square on her shoulders. It's a refreshing contrast to what you just described.
  • Arexxx
    Options

Sadly, yes. It seems that easy =/
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    If you believe he's taking these pictures of under 18, report him to the authorities immediately please
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It's creepy and skeevy, but unfortunately not actually illegal, as they aren't actually naked and especially if he's done his homework and had them sign model releases.
  • Arexxx
    Options
    It's creepy and skeevy, but unfortunately not actually illegal, as they aren't actually naked and especially if he's done his homework and had them sign model releases.

Yeah, they might be teens. But they aren't nekkid so other than me stating that he's creepy.. there's not much else I can do.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Yeah, they might be teens. But they aren't nekkid so other than me stating that he's creepy.. there's not much else I can do.

Except if they're under 18, the guy gets into the radar of the authorities about this and sooner or later, they do get caught
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    To reiterate what someone else has said, it's very common for amateur (or semi professional) models and non (or semi) professional photographers to do free photoshoots with each other to add more to their respective portfolios. As someone who's trying to get into modelling i've done it five or six times.
    I can see the concern if they're under 18, although if they are consenting it isn't a problem. As long as it's not fully nude shots it's their decision whether they feel comfortable and i'm sure they can handle the situation. All male (or male and older) photographers aren't creeps. (My boyfriend is a professional photographer. He does a lot of shoots with different girls. Doesn't mean he's sleeping with them all/a perv)
  • Arexxx
    Options
    To reiterate what someone else has said, it's very common for amateur (or semi professional) models and non (or semi) professional photographers to do free photoshoots with each other to add more to their respective portfolios. As someone who's trying to get into modelling i've done it five or six times.
    I can see the concern if they're under 18, although if they are consenting it isn't a problem. As long as it's not fully nude shots it's their decision whether they feel comfortable and i'm sure they can handle the situation. All male (or male and older) photographers aren't creeps. (My boyfriend is a professional photographer. He does a lot of shoots with different girls. Doesn't mean he's sleeping with them all/a perv)

I guess I'm just prudish.

The idea of letting a guy 3 times my age take semi nude shots of me and keeping them for later creeps me out.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

I suppose this is true. But.. non one girl in this album is wearing more than a singlet and panties. And the fact that he saves the best ones to his personal account makes my skin crawl
    He needs something to fill out his portfolio. Teens are young, stupid and easy to convince to do it for free.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    You should report him to the police. I 100% guarantee they will find photos of underage girls on his computer.

THIS. Before someone's innocent, loving father ends up in jail for protecting his little princess. Let the authorities determine whether he's doing something illegal.