agave nectar

Options
jackeh
jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
Apparently agave nectar isnt as good for you as some might have thought.... found this article
I dont know if any of you use this as an artificial sweetner but i found the article interesting...

http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/health/agave-nectar-healthful-or-harmful-106593

Replies

• Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Food for thought, thanks for the link.....fortunately this isn't something I use. Seems that we keep getting back to
    use stuff the way Mother Nature intended.

At least try, no way I can eat locally here in Michigan, NOTHING in the way of fruit or veggies fresh this time of year.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    So, whats better stevia? I'm so confused now!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    So, whats better stevia? I'm so confused now!

well i had heard of agave nectar before stevia, and we were told it was a natural sweetener. ..sold in health food stores, but apparently its not all that natural but processed and dangerous with high chemicals in it.... makes me also wonder about stevia...
    definately makes me think about what im putting in my mouth... and wonder about how many chemicals i am adding to my diet... scary stuff...
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Give it time and stevia will be bad for you to. There was a time when nutra-sweet was the way to go, then splenda. Its so confusing to know 100% what is healthy anymore..
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    There were some rebuttals to the article in the comments section. My mom was interested in the agave nectar and I considered telling her about the article but decided to fall back on my uncle's advice about sugar. He told me sugar (and honey as well) both have antibiotic properties so treat them like you any other medicine - use sparingly and in moderation.

http://alteredplates.blogspot.com/2008/12/madhavas-craig-gerbore-responds-to.html