Support for supporting

Options
wriglucy
wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
So, I have a friend who has been VERY depressed lately, been diagnosed as bipolar, and having problems at work now. She is one of my BEST friends, and I want to be there for her, and I am...but, sometimes its starting to drag me down too. Her medicine has not been working, and she's trying to file bankrupcy because she has no money either, so no money for psychology, and her insurance doesn't cover much. I want to help her, but sometimes I get stressed from her situation, when I have enough stress in my own life to deal with. It's been cutting down on my motivation, and bringing me down lately too. Any suggestions? Has anybody been in this situation before? I know I'm probably just whining and venting, but it's hard sometimes.
Thanks!

Replies

• wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    So, I have a friend who has been VERY depressed lately, been diagnosed as bipolar, and having problems at work now. She is one of my BEST friends, and I want to be there for her, and I am...but, sometimes its starting to drag me down too. Her medicine has not been working, and she's trying to file bankrupcy because she has no money either, so no money for psychology, and her insurance doesn't cover much. I want to help her, but sometimes I get stressed from her situation, when I have enough stress in my own life to deal with. It's been cutting down on my motivation, and bringing me down lately too. Any suggestions? Has anybody been in this situation before? I know I'm probably just whining and venting, but it's hard sometimes.
    Thanks!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Yes in fact I have been in a similiar situation. We had a friend who had bipolar. Little to no money and 3 kids. We were able to help her as much as we could and things slowly got better. You might haver her get a hold of a community health clinic. I know many of them do help people with problems like that for little to no cost. Second you are doing a wonderful thing. Its ok to vent and feel stressed.

You are in my prayers.