I'm losing weight but not in my waistline..help!

Options
I have lost 9 lbs so far and consistency measuring my waistline and hips. I haven't lost any inches in my waistline. I do 30 minute cardio on treadmill and 50 basic crunches, 50 oblique crunches on each side, 50 reverse crunches, 100 side twists but my waist hasn't gone down! Any tips?

Replies

• dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Are you lifting weights? If you aren't, I would recommend starting and lifting heavy. It is impossible to target specific parts of your body for weight loss.
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Sadly you cannot spot reduce. It wouldn't matter if you did 1000 sit ups a day....your body will drop the weight from wherever it wants too :(.

That said, if what you're doing is working for you, then keep at it! Eventually your body will HAVE to take some weight off of your waist!
  • nick1109
    nick1109 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Depends on genetics but I find the stomach is the last area that gets cut for me. Usual weight goes from my wrists, arms and chest before gut! Be patient as long as its moving in the right direction then job done. Also as others said make sure you are weight training
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    unfortunately you can't spot reduce fat with exercise. for instance i dont do any direct ab work and waistline is one of the first places i noticed fat loss. the general rule of thumb is first place you notice fat gain is the last place you notice fat loss.

just keep doing what you're doing and your body will release fat the way you're genetically predisposed to
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Try toning up your stomach :)
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Try toning up your stomach :)
    Won't do much good unless you're already pretty lean...

Keep losing weight (the healthy way) and your waistline will eventually shrink.