Need new MFP friends

Options
I'm fairly new to MFP...wanting to add some friends with similar goals and interests...I'm a mom of a 6 year old boy and 9 month old girl. I still have about 6 baby pounds to lose, then shooting for 10-15 more :). I'm very into exercise (insanity, turbo fire, running, etc.), but recently had a ACL/Meniscus surgery and am just now getting cleared for walking, stairmaster, etc. grrrr. Looking for motivation friends with similar interests. Add me if you would like!

Replies

• _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    hey :) i dont have kids but i also have about 10 lbs to lose!! added :-)
  • Sarah1023
    Sarah1023 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    hey :) i dont have kids but i also have about 10 lbs to lose!! added :-)
    Sweet. Kids or no kids. LOL
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, welcome aboard, you will get a lot of ebcouragement here . i like to add you to my firend list so we can keep it touch!!

Basil
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids either, but have about 5 pounds to goal, and am just finding that though I love Turbo Jam, my knees might not like it much any more. I just started a beginner 5K training program, and I like running (it's not as hard on my knees as I thought it would be). :)
  • smartblonde529
    smartblonde529 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I always love to have new friends!!! I have lost 58lbs so far so I enjoy exercise, health and nutrition a lot. I also have 2 kids, a 2 1/2 year old son and a 13 month old daughter. Those two keep me on my toes and I am also a full time student and I work from home so I know how hard it is to lose weight while you are busy. I love making new friends those so anyone feel free to add me! The more motivation the better and together we can all reach our goals : )
  • Sarah1023
    Options
    Hi Sarah, welcome aboard, you will get a lot of ebcouragement here . i like to add you to my firend list so we can keep it touch!!

Basil
    Thanks!!
  • Sarah1023
    Options
    I don't have kids either, but have about 5 pounds to goal, and am just finding that though I love Turbo Jam, my knees might not like it much any more. I just started a beginner 5K training program, and I like running (it's not as hard on my knees as I thought it would be). :)
    Awesome! Thanks for the add!!
  • andrealeighx33
    andrealeighx33 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have a bit more to lose than you do however I had ACL surgery about 5 years ago so I can relate to what you're going through!
  • Sarah1023
    Options
    I have a bit more to lose than you do however I had ACL surgery about 5 years ago so I can relate to what you're going through!
    It sucks, huh?! Especially after having a baby and NEEDING to exercise (for me anyways). Will add ya. :)
  • andrealeighx33
    Options
    It sucks, huh?! Especially after having a baby and NEEDING to exercise (for me anyways). Will add ya. :)

Yeah it really does! I was really athletic but had poor eating habits so when I was injured I gained quite a bit of weight and it has just continued to add up. :/ Even now though I have some small issues with my knee, for instance I get leg spasms (I had a hamstring graft), my mobility is probably at 90-95%, and somedays it just hurts (especially when it's cold out). Even though I don't have problems with my other knee, I'm hoping that when I lose more weight that it won't be as annoying haha.
  • Sarah1023
    Options

Yeah it really does! I was really athletic but had poor eating habits so when I was injured I gained quite a bit of weight and it has just continued to add up. :/ Even now though I have some small issues with my knee, for instance I get leg spasms (I had a hamstring graft), my mobility is probably at 90-95%, and somedays it just hurts (especially when it's cold out). Even though I don't have problems with my other knee, I'm hoping that when I lose more weight that it won't be as annoying haha.
    Understandable. Mine is a patella tendon graft, some new technology they are using now. So far, I've really come a long way...about 7 weeks of therapy so far. I will be cleared for straight line running in about 3 weeks. I do have painful days and swollen days, but hoping that gets better. I know the weather will prolly play a big factor later on down the road.
  • rockerbaby2003
    rockerbaby2003 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new friends! :)
  • andrealeighx33
    Options

Understandable. Mine is a patella tendon graft, some new technology they are using now. So far, I've really come a long way...about 7 weeks of therapy so far. I will be cleared for straight line running in about 3 weeks. I do have painful days and swollen days, but hoping that gets better. I know the weather will prolly play a big factor later on down the road.

I decided against the patella but now I wish I just chose cadaver, oh well haha.
    Only 7 weeks of therapy and you're going to be running in 3 weeks? Whaaaaaat, how long ago was your surgery? It was like 7-8 months before I could run and I worked really hard at PT :/

But yeah, the swelling goes down though I do have to deal with inflammation.. I just wear a knee brace and take advil when needed and for the most part it's really not too bad.
  • Sarah1023
    Options

I decided against the patella but now I wish I just chose cadaver, oh well haha.
    Only 7 weeks of therapy and you're going to be running in 3 weeks? Whaaaaaat, how long ago was your surgery? It was like 7-8 months before I could run and I worked really hard at PT :/

But yeah, the swelling goes down though I do have to deal with inflammation.. I just wear a knee brace and take advil when needed and for the most part it's really not too bad.
    Well, my surgery was on 8/22/12. I started therapy 2 weeks post op and have been going 3 times per week, then doing home exercises the other days. My therapy guestimate was off, this is actually my 10th week of PT :). My dr and PT guys are quite aggressive and their goal is to have all patients able to do straight line running at 12 weeks post op, then start working on agility type stuff at 14 weeks post op. However, I will not be able to do anything as far as agility (bball, insanity, other sports, etc.) until 6 months post op. However, I am happy to be able to run. My knee has come leaps and bounds in the last 3 weeks, major issue was getting in straight, but that is going good. So check back in a couple more weeks and you should see me logging running workouts!! Woo hoo lol
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Seems to be a lack of guys here, not sure if I'm being brave or stupid lol. Only 22lbs for me lol, so so much
  • Missy6383
    Missy6383 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hey sara,
    im new to mfp too. i have a 6 year old boy and a 3 year old boy. i am also tryiing to lose between 10-15 pounds! So how is your recovery going so far? what has your p. e. trainer having you do? not sure how to add you as a friend yet but soon as i do i will add you
  • babygurl6982
    Options
    Hello - Im a mom of a 12 year old have alot more weight to lose but addicted to working out you can add me if you want always enjoy meeting someone new :smile:

Hope you have a wonderful day
    Mia
  • Sarah1023
    Options
    hey sara,
    im new to mfp too. i have a 6 year old boy and a 3 year old boy. i am also tryiing to lose between 10-15 pounds! So how is your recovery going so far? what has your p. e. trainer having you do? not sure how to add you as a friend yet but soon as i do i will add you
    Awesome!. Well, recovery is going good so far. My therapist is doing strengthening, flexibility, and gait training exercises with me. I can do walking on a treadmill, us the elliptical and stairmaster at this point, but no high impact and that foot has to be on the ground all the time, meaning no jumping or suddent movements. So, ready to do a lot more.
  • alesnie
    alesnie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    sent a request! feel free to add me :)
  • tracyburkee
    tracyburkee Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You can add me, 32 years old with 3 kids