Finally committed to change

Options
I never had to worry about weight growing up but as soon I got older, the metabolism definitely slowed. That along with a couple of broken bones, I was on my way to weighing more than I could ever imagine. The realism came the first time I looked in a 3-way mirror at the mall (yikes)...nothing like a true dose of reality.

Moving from Colorado to New England three years ago, I realize that I need some friends to help keep me on track. I work for a company who is very big on Wellness...even offering Weight Watchers at a reduced rate. I tried it but the points system didn't work for me because I still was unaware of how many calories I was ingesting.

I'm ready to get back to myself again.....having energy and being proud of who I am. I could use some new friends to help me along the way. I am a good listener and love to encourage others as well.

I would love to have some new friends....especially people who need to lose at least 60 lbs. :)

Replies

• sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Good for you, being ready to change is key. I have done WW in the past and did well, to be honest I did not want to bother with meetings or paying fees I found MFP as an app right after I got my Ipad and am so happy I did, that was July and I am down 28 pounds as of today.

I have an open diary for friends and am positive and avoid drama, I plan on losing another 50+ pounds and believe in setting short term goals. I am close to my first 30 pounds by vacation next week. I track everything and log in daily.

Also looking for more pals on the same path!