About how many pounds do I have to lose to drop pant sizes?

Options

Replies

• Crisitunity
    Crisitunity Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've always heard that 1 size is 20lbs. In my experience that holds true.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I lost 5 pant sizes for 55 pounds so I would say about every 10 pounds. So you would need to lose around 30 more pounds to fit a size 8
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I've lost 22 pounds and I'm still the same pants size (14).

But, I can wear 14's I couldn't wear 22 pounds ago, and the ones I could wear then are much looser.

My work pants are almost too big.

Even at my thinnest, in college, the smallest size I ever wore was a 10 (at 132). My hips just won't fit in an 8. I doubt my skeleton would fit in an 8!

When I get to my goal weight, 145, I imagine I'll be in a size 10 again, so two sizes smaller than I started with a loss of 63 pounds.
  • Bjwolff51
    Bjwolff51 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    About 10 lbs is a size!
  • Bjwolff51
    Bjwolff51 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have always found that about 10-12 lbs is one size!
  • 1917Ashley
    1917Ashley Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I started at a size 26 (comfortably) I am down about 35 pounds and only in a 24 (comfortably) right now.. :(
  • lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    I think based on my experience , 20 lbs.
  • Hey__Im__Krista
    Options
    ive lost 44lbs and havent dropped a single pant size
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    amazing loss
    Depends on your body type.. I am 6ft and started at 398 and in size 28. When I lost 50lbs I was in a 24/26. For me it it was for every 30-40 lbs...I also lift a lot of weights
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I think it just really depends on your body, and also how much you weigh. It seems to take less overall weight loss to go down a size when you are smaller than larger, in my experience.

I started at 276 pounds and a size 22, and after a 40-pound loss, was finally in a size 18, then it took another almost 30 pounds to go down one size, but now I have gone from an 18 at 210 pounds to a size 12 at 172 pounds, so around 10-12 pounds or so a size...
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Every person is different, of course - but you might find this interesting:

http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • argenterie
    argenterie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It totally depends on how you carry your weight. But for me, about 8 pounds per size. I went from 14 to 12 to 10 in 17 pounds of loss. Hope this helps!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 60lbs and I've only gone down 2 sizes. I can fit into my size smaller jeans but still a little too snug for me.
  • linubie
    linubie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For me, it was about every 10-12 lbs too. I've lost 46 pounds and dropped about 4 pants sizes.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    It's less on the pounds ...it's more on the waist size...lose inches.
    Cause pounds can be gained in muscles elsewhere so it's not very precise.

I lost many pounds before and didn't drop many size... When I did lose many inches OMG!!! I've droped over 4 size.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    there's no such thing really. in the past few months i've lost 0 pounds on the scale but lost 2 pant sizes.

the bad news is, the bigger you are, the more you have to lose to get to the next size. this is because anything over a 14 or 16 take a 1.5-2" difference to go a size up.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Shirt sizes are a different story though. I've moved from a large to a medium with my 50 pound loss. My boobs will not go away.

And I went from an extra large to a medium with a 22 pound loss and went up two cup sizes (and down 2" on the strap).

Sizes are weird.
  • lizbutt70
    Options
    Pant sizes have nothing to do with weight. You can drop a few pants sizes without shedding a pound on the scale, especially if you're weight lifting. Try doing weekly measurements.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I went down a size with a zero loss, just from toning I guess. i would imagine everyone is different, probably depends what you're doing for exercise too.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    one thing that is of note, it would be advantageous to loose fat over muscle weight to drop pants sizes. because muscle is more dense, your scale wouldn't have dropped so much but your width should drop more as fat is more bulky.

this is something I'm trying to sort out now as I'm slightly below the mid range of my BMI but carrying fat around my waist a bit, so now its less about weight and more about BF%.

I just got an order of clothes from one of my favourite korean brands, and the shorts fit, but there's no give so they are tight on the waist. I need to sort that out. my goal is 4-6 kg of mostly fat in 2-3 months. 2 months really.

34-33 down to 33-32.

tumblr_mbb56chxUP1r13yfco1_1280.png

tumblr_ma2yr4gy3w1r13yfco1_1280.jpg