Less cravings when I exercise

Options
I am beginning to realize that if I don't exercise, I eat. Why is that? If I'm not actually working at an exercise goal each day, I seem to crave carbs. I don't crave foods as much when I put in some serious exercise.

Does anyone have an idea on why that might be?

Replies

• irishdancer23
    irishdancer23 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    ok, this totally happens to me! every time i have binged in the past few months, it's been on a rest day. i have no idea why! someone told me once that her theory was that your body is building itself back up on your rest days, which is why you tend to eat more, especially stuff like carbs. i just try to be extra careful on rest days. besides, usually i'm under on days when i work out, so if i'm over a little on rest days, not a big deal! hope that helps!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Everything is a project for me, so a 1 hour run is a 2 hr project (changing, peeing, getting my "stuff", collapsing on the couch after, putting away all my "stuff", you get the idea). I assume I eat less on days I run because these 2 hours are hours in which it would be exceedingly difficult to stuff my face (although not impossible). Plus, I run in the morning and don't usually eat until I'm done with my "project"-so that's even more time I spend not stuffing my face. For me, it's all logistics-less time to eat means I eat less.