Home vs Gym scale..

Options
At home I weigh less than I do at the gym (by about 1-2 pounds) should I go to the gym to do my weigh ins or use my home scale?

** I weigh in once a week in the morning before i eat or drink anything

Replies

• jstandfield
    jstandfield Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I would go by the home scale since you can weigh yourself first thing in the morning. Besides public aren't accurate since you don't know when or if that have been calibrated.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think it really matters, but if you use one, stick to that scale. Don't weigh on both or you may get agitated with the results....your good scale you can calibrate so I say go with that. Not to mention, probably not a good ide to weigh in after akl tyat water consumption at the gym...
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter as long as you stick with one scale. I weigh one weight at my house, another at my mom's and yet another at my son's. I really weigh the same but all the scales say something different. If you want to monitor weight loss just pick one and stay with that for pounds lost.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Weight is a relative measure. Just use the same scale all the time and that is all you should go by.
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I bought a good scale I can calibrate after being devastated to learn the gym scales were putting me at a stone (14lb) lighter than I really was making me feel as if all my hard work was undone. Even though I know it wasn't I felt like I'd put that stone on overnight, so very discouraging.