Need new workout ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• pannucha
    Options
    What about folks like me who have shoulder, back and knee problems? I can't do these high impact things. Everything needs to be modified for my condition. Water aerobics is the most cardiovascular excercise I do.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    So simple. For ONE! very important, NO SODAS! stay away from sweets. Power walk every morning, do a little 5lbs weight exercise. Get Insanity or P90x2 off Craigslist for like $20. Start slow. Eat small portions throughout the day. Try recommended supplements.
    Just walking will get you no where fast. You need to EAT RIGHT! Your body is made in the kitchen! This will work.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

I am not opposed to trying a whole new dvd with someone else, but again there are so many...I'd want something high or low aerobics for beginners, but one problem is I can't bend one of my wrists, due to an injury. So, for example, push ups are not an option. My wrist can't bend at a 90 degree angle.

Have you ever tried making a fist and doing pushups that way so your wrist is straight or holding weights if that hurts yourknuckles? I broke my wrist in two places when I was younger so I am in the same boat, but can do pushups that way since my wrist isnt at an angle.
  • crmason88
    Options
    So simple. For ONE! very important, NO SODAS! stay away from sweets. Power walk every morning, do a little 5lbs weight exercise. Get Insanity or P90x2 off Craigslist for like $20. Start slow. Eat small portions throughout the day. Try recommended supplements.
    Just walking will get you no where fast. You need to EAT RIGHT! Your body is made in the kitchen! This will work.

I don't know where you got your information about me, but I don't drink soda. I only drink water. I also don't eat junk food, including sweets. Oh and no fast food, I cook my own food, I DO eat right. Where I live I don't have good weather to get outside, and Leslie's walk at home video is WAY more than just walking. It's high and low intensity aerobics. I am not physically able to do Insanity or P90, as I said I have a wrist injury that prevents me. I don't have the money for supplements. Thanks anyway
  • crmason88
    Options

I am not opposed to trying a whole new dvd with someone else, but again there are so many...I'd want something high or low aerobics for beginners, but one problem is I can't bend one of my wrists, due to an injury. So, for example, push ups are not an option. My wrist can't bend at a 90 degree angle.

Have you ever tried making a fist and doing pushups that way so your wrist is straight or holding weights if that hurts yourknuckles? I broke my wrist in two places when I was younger so I am in the same boat, but can do pushups that way since my wrist isnt at an angle.

I have tried that, unfortunately putting too much weight on it also hurts, alot. Thanks though I appreciate it.
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie's 5 Really Big Miles DVD!! I would highly recommend it! It's AWESOME!!
  • Bobbie_89
    Bobbie_89 Posts: 146
    Options
    I have one of her videos, its a 4mile walk. I just did it and I burned 560 (from my HRM) in 38mins. If you push harder through the kicks, knee lifts, etc you'll get your heart rate up there. Try using heavier weights. Also if you know what move shes going to do next without her saying anything, turn on some of your favorite music and walk with the video. Come up with crazy moves along with her moves to burn more and make it your own. I dont do her video all the time, I do it when my back is bothering me (have lower back problems) so I can get in some what of a good burn.
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out any of the beachbody videos? I started with TurboJam and currently am doing TurboFire. i'll PM you a link to check it out :D
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options

I don't know where you got your information about me, but I don't drink soda. I only drink water. I also don't eat junk food, including sweets. Oh and no fast food, I cook my own food, I DO eat right. Where I live I don't have good weather to get outside, and Leslie's walk at home video is WAY more than just walking. It's high and low intensity aerobics. I am not physically able to do Insanity or P90, as I said I have a wrist injury that prevents me. I don't have the money for supplements. Thanks anyway

Then I think you need to get a sweet suit, try doing some leg raises. Now When I say p90 or insanity. Your not meant to do the whole workout. There are certain workouts you can do to help shed those pounds. Jogging in place, LEG RAISES. Small and simple. Im pretty sure you wont die 5mins in to a warm up on any DVD, but hey there at home dvds. Try light weights. And eat smaller portions.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I love exercise DVDs. My favorite is Zumba. They are pricey new, but you can find them used for a reasonable price. I love them because they are so much fun but they really give a good workout. If you have a video game system, the Just Dance games are fun and give a good workout. And most kids like them too.

You can also find some good workouts for free on YouTube.
  • charlybu
    charlybu Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this but you are not going to burn much fat with a walking video. I have been there and bought the DVD's. If you want to lose the fat, you have to get your heart rate up, sweat your *kitten* off and incorporate resistance training. Leslie Sanson is not going to do that for you. I wouldn't waste any more money on her DVD's. Better to invest in P90 or something similar....even if you can only do it for a few minutes at a time.

Sadly, this is true. I wish walking long distances would make my butt smaller, but I'm still the same size as when I started.

Just google "low impact routines". Youtube.

Why the hate for walking? I don't do walking videos, but all of my weight loss is from walking. It's the safest cardio out there for most people. Don't be exercise snobs.

If you're looking for videos, try going to collagevideo.com for ideas. They make it easy to search and have overview vids of everything.