After 3 months, finally met my 1st goal!

Options
I just wanted to post this quickly for people who feel stuck. Don't give up! After initially losing 4 pounds in two weeks, I hadn't lost anything since October, despite exercising and sticking to my calories. I wanted to give up, but I've done that too many times and just gained even more weight back, so I promised myself I would stick with it.

But I needed a break, so decided to bump my calories up to maintenance for a couple of weeks, and when I stepped on the scale for my weigh-in this week, I was down 2 pounds! Finally out of the 180's which was my first goal! Plus my waist went down a half inch. One of my favorite skirts that's been tight for months zipped up this morning!

I don't know what finally told my body I could lose - maybe a combination of things. I had started several weeks ago using a HRM to make sure I got into the fatburn zone atleast 2-3 times a week, I also started drinking 1% milk to make sure I ate back all the exercise calories. Another biggie - I know I'm sensitive to gluten, but I cheated. With the new year, I decided to cut it out strictly again. Also, except for 2 tsp of jam with breakfast, I cut out processed sugar, and was more careful to stay within the MFP sodium recommendations. For a treat each day, I made gluten free brownies with dehydrated cane juice instead of processed sugar, wrapped each one up individually and stored them in the fridge. And I can't ignore the sincere praying! :-)

Replies

• dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Congratulations! Awesome! :flowerforyou:

I know the feeling. I have been fluctuating between 232-241 for 4 months. I keep playing with my exercise, eating habits. I think my new system (since Jan 1) is working better. I feel stronger, trimmer but not much on the weight loss. Soon I hope.

Keep it going!:smile:
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the post! Congrats on hitting the mini-goal. I know how great it feels to hit that first goal, and how much of a struggle it is when you don't see that scale budge. I think I may have hit my first plateau, as I'm going on my 3rd week of NO weight loss despite staying under calories and working out 1-2 hours a day. The idea of going to maintenance calories sounds like a good idea. I feel like I've just kind of broken down over the last couple of weeks, not exactly giving up, but giving in to fast food and treats temptations several times a week when I used to only let myself once a week. I wonder if stepping up the intensity of my workouts means I may need some more cals. This week I am just focusing on eating my exercise cals, and only allowing myself one day dining out and one sweet treat as well. Thanks for giving hope that despite these small hills, we CAN keep this up and lose. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!