How much weight do you lose a week?

Options
Ahead of my weigh-in day tomorrow, I have been pondering how much weight I would have lost throughout the month. I have been hoping that it would be between 5-6 pounds for the month but that may be too ambitious. I know I have definitely lost as I can tell a difference in my face and arms.

How much does everyone typically lose a week? I am thinking of weighing weekly after tomorrow so I can get a better estimate.

Replies

• AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    depends on how much they need to lose..

Since starting I only had about 27 lbs to lose in total.. I lose .5 a pound per week.
  • Sujit8383
    Sujit8383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    since i join gym...i hv lost 16.8 kgs in exact 16 weeks today.........:smile::smile: :smile: :wink: :wink:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    My average per month is 7#. Weekly average is 1.5ish# Been at this since January 2012.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    It kind of varies. I have my calorie goals to lose .5 lb a week. This week I lost two, last week I lost none.
  • sandra152
    Options
    Hi I lose 1Ib a week not much I know but since i started in June I have lost 16Ib I look some of the food diarys on here and I don't know how some people survive on less than 1200 calories I would be starving all the time .
  • amesd30
    amesd30 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So far I've been losing a little over 1.5 lbs per week. My aim was 1 pound per week.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    It kind of varies. I have my calorie goals to lose .5 lb a week. This week I lost two, last week I lost none.

I'm the same, I have mine set to lose 1lb a week but some weeks I've lost 3lbs and others none, but on average I have lost about 1lb per week since I started.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I have my MFP goal set to lose 1 pound a week - I vary anywhere from .5 - 1.5 a week.

Lately though, I'm on a bit of a plateau along with not being that careful what I eat so it's been staying stable. As frustrating as it is, it does give me some confidence that when I do finally reach my end goal I'll be able to maintain it.
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Just to update I have lost two pounds so 0.5 does appear to be a common weight loss. I was slightly frustrated when I saw the number on the scale but I had to remind myself that I had lost more a week on other diets such as Weight Watchers but I was not able to stick to it. I know this is working so I just need to stay patient.
  • fun_b
    Options
    since i join gym...i hv lost 16.8 kgs in exact 16 weeks today.........:smile::smile: :smile: :wink: :wink:

Amazing! What have you been doing at the gym?
  • fun_b
    Options
    Hi I lose 1Ib a week not much I know but since i started in June I have lost 16Ib I look some of the food diarys on here and I don't know how some people survive on less than 1200 calories I would be starving all the time .

On my first day, I had 1200 and I almost gave up because I only had 150 calories for the evening. Once I changed it to over 1500 I felt happy and comfortable following the plan.
  • Sujit8383
    Sujit8383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options

Amazing! What have you been doing at the gym?

cardio for 90 mins , alternate days strength training (Circuit weight) for 90 mins with 60 mins of cardio too........:smile: ....
  • SlimmingSarah2012
    Options
    My goal at this point is to lose 10 pounds a month until I make it to onederland :) Then I will switch to 5-7 pounds per month. October is my first month and so far so good, just got to keep myself away from the kid's halloween candy and I should be okay. Next 10 for November!!!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    An average of about 1.25 lb a week.

"Average" being the operative word. I can go a month or more without a loss and then have a bunch drop off pretty quickly.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 0.5-1.0 lb per week. When I started and was on OPTIFAST, I would drop 3-4 lbs per week. Like others have said, I can have a week or two where I plateau and then lose 2-3 in a single week.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    In the last 4 months my highest weight has been 79.9kg and my lowest 78.5kg. Currently 79.1kg. So in short, I don't. I'm not even trying to maintain. Oh well. I can have a week of 4,000kcal a day or a week of 1,200kcal a day and still be in that 1.5kg (3lb) window. I've concluded I'm a robot.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I am a 49 yo female, I started 2 months ago with 73 pounds to lose. I average 1200 per day, exercise 4-6 days a week for 30-60 minutes at a time, but do not eat back calories. I have lost 20 pounds in 2 months. Six pounds the first week, then 1.5 to 2 pounds per week average since then.
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    On average, I lose 2 lbs a week; however, the losses vary from week to week. One week I will lose .5 lb the next I might gain a pound and the next I might lose 3 lbs. My goal was 1 lb a week.
  • oameyers
    oameyers Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1 lb per week and I've been tracking to that to the "T". I weight in every week sometimes twice just to make sure I'm tracking. :-)

I have a 1290 cal diet and workout 5-6X a week (YES I eat back my exercise calories on most days)
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    At the beginning I was losing almost 2 pounds a week...now it's more like .5-1...I got offtrack but i'm trying to stay motivated because every pound counts now. Don't overthink what progress you want, and the surprise of how much you lose will be even better?