weekends and quitting smoking

Options
i work Monday through Friday, 8 am till 6 pm most days and i live on the second floor of a really old two story apartment building, so i only have at most an hour to do my workout DVD a day. so i would think that weekends would be great days to workout. but i find myself wanting to relax and stay off my feet most of the day, since i spend those 9 hours a day at work on my feet. so the last thing on my mind is working out. plus my apartment is filled with unhealthy foods.i don't have much money to buy any healthy foods so i try and just eat my unhealthy foods in small portions. Im also quitting smoking and i know its said that its harder to loose weight when you are quitting smoking, so that doesn't help much ether. im finding it very hard to get motivated on weekends anyone have any suggestions or tips for me??

Replies

• starfishme81
    starfishme81 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats on attempting to quit! I am trying as well. I find that chewing on cinnamon sticks helps keep cravings for food and ciggarettes at bay! The weekends are my toughest time. For exercise motivation I switch up workout dvd's and check out classes at local gyms and studios. Zumba is pretty fun and a decent workout. Also, I find making different playlists or using new pandora stations helps motivate me to workout. Gotta love music you makes you want to bust a move! Best of luck!!!
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking. You do not have to gain weight when you quit. Just don't substitute food for cigs. "Healthy" foods do not need to cost a lot. If I have junk food around I eat it. :). So I try and have as little around as I can. I do my exercise pretty much first thing in the morning. If I wait until later it would not get done, so that works for me. Maybe log your workout ahead of time so you feel more motivated to do it? Do you enjoy your workout? If not, maybe chose something different to do?