new to forum hello

Options
Hello all,
I am new to the site and forum. i dont know if anyone on the forum has or is planning to, but i had gastric bypass surgery aug17th. I was diagnosed as morbidly obese. I was 334 lbs before and have a target weight of 190-200lbs. In the 2 mos since surgery i managed to get down to 257lbs. I use this site to track my caloric and protein intake .
A few of the other reasons why was the athritis in my knees, my being borderline diabetic, hi blood pressure and long with alot of other health issues. All of these issues except the arthritis in my knees are gone and i have stopped taking all but 2-3 of my medication.
All sounds pretty positive doesnt it. I am going to tell anyone thinking about doing the surgery to rethink it and this is why. Nine days after my gastric bypass surgery my "new " stomache developed a leak and was infected. A J.P drain to draw out the infection, a G tube so i can eat and drink seeing how I wasnt allowed to eat and drink with my mouth for 3 weeks. All that was topped off by by a hematoma in my spleen which earned me 6 days in ICU. All in all i spent 14days of the first 6 weeks in the hospital. Of course you are going to get the " this was an isolated cased" speech. My surgeon keeps telling me when I weigh 200 lbs I wont care, but i dont weigh 200 lbs so I do care.
I am getting better and am returning to work next monday. I will be glad to get back to the same routine. I hope i was some help in weighing in on this issue.
All in all, I am just saying to have patience to lose the weight the right way, I didnt and look what I had to deal with.