Needing some advice

Options
Hello,

I'm looking into this group of friends for some advices on how to help my girlfriend. By far I'm not a slim woman being at 242 lbs but shes hitting the scale at 400 lbs. I find myself at a lost on how to motivate her to get moving. I know it has to come from her but everyday I see the pain in her eyes. She sees me able to do a lot more then shes able to and I think she gets discourage. Its to the point washing dishes hurts her lower back. So walking around the block is a huge thing for her and for me since I always feel I am struggling or fighting with her to get moving. Not wanting to sound mean towards her but I feel if I am going to get dress for exercises that I want to be able to go for my 1 hour walk instead of just 10 minutes. So I struggle also on how to be there for her needs. Any suggestions on where to start and go from here...

Sumissa

Replies

• larsofrock99
    larsofrock99 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What if you started with diet and her? Eating as many fruits and vegetables as she wants during the day? That will get the weight loss happening before the movement kicks in. It'll also give her some energy to do some exercise (if her diet is really bad then she won't have any "juice" for exercise)
  • Michaelsdin
    Options
    I agree let her eat but eat veggies and little bit of fruit. When she wants to walk if its only 10mins let her add, weight weights to yourself so that 10min walk feels like more or run in place while she walks or run around her (not literally). Let her do her pace or even walk with her for 10mins then go back with her to the house and go out again? My biggest hurdle was the food I constantly need something to chew on so i eat carrots/celary (with garlic hummus or peanut butter) and other veggies, I am a big fruit fan bananas, apples, grapes about my favorite. Banana with peanut butter or with greek yogurt vanilla and sprinkle of walnuts=bomb lol.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Just sit down with her and tell her that you are concerned about `the both of you` ask her what she thinks you can both do to improve your lives?

Tell her that you are more concerned about yourself, and you really need her help to help you?

Some times if people feel a need to help others they can put them selves to one side???

So put the weight and concern onto yourself??
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hey my fiance is the same way. Now that i am losing weight and very happy he is wanting to cut back on his sodas and do you prepare the meals in the house? We are fifty fifty but I do the shopping and he is willing to try what i eat. I am pround of him for making this choice. Two weeks ago, it was excuses then he saw my success. Good luck