Back on track? Carb counting

Options
About 12 years ago I was diagnosed with diabetes and put on an eating plan to control carbs, fats, and sodium. I ate three meals a day of 50-55 g. of carbs each and three snacks of 15 g. of carbs each. And I created a schedule with meals spaced evenly about 6 hours aparts. with a snack about 3 hours in between. So I lost 40 lb. that time, then went off of it. After awhile I needed meds instead of just diet to control my blood sugar, and lapsed a few times. Luckily, I only gained ten pounds over all that time. Now I'm trying to conrol my eating and meds again, with a new attitude.

I discovered this app while looking for something to count my carbs. This is great because it's so portable, and it seems like it has every brand and type of food. I'm scheduled to go to a diabetes dietitian to make sure my diet needs haven't changed.

I'm trying not to make food so important in my life. Our family loves to celebrate with food, and what's the movies without popcorn, which is way too hight in salt and fat, not to mention carbs.