How to get in protein???

Options
Hey All. I've just changed my diet profile to be 40% fat, 35% protein and 25% carbs. I'm trying to plan out my days before exercise to meet these percentages. How do any of you get in a lot of protein...besides the usual eggs, dairy...etc etc. I think my total is about 165 grams. So far for tomorrow I have eggs, turkey burgers, yogurt, cheese and bread. It's adding up...but still need to get in about 50 grams and only have about 400-500 cal left for the day to get it all in. I know I can do protein shakes...but I'd rather eat my calories and not drink them...I feel like it stays with me longer with actual food in my belly. :bigsmile:

Replies

• PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Why so much ?
  • Cheryl188
    Cheryl188 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Fish! You get your healthy fats too. There are so many different kinds and ways to prepare it. For an easy meal I add salmon or tuna to a salad with nuts and cheese.
  • chicken, tuna........Its not a hard food group to find foods for
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Egg whites. Boca burgers. Salads.
  • jtakingcareofherself
    Options
    turkey or bison pepperoni. Low fat, but high protein. And very portable!
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Chicken, tilapia, ground turkey, egg whites, salmon, shrimp...that's how I get my protein. I do use shakes but that's because I train pretty hard, so I take one post-workout and sometimes I have one in the morning a few hours after breakfast. Everyone is different, but that's what works for me. Most days I have 160 g of protein.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Definitely make sure you get a protein at every meal and you should get enough....could also try adding a protein shake for breakfast and or immediately after your workouts
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    A protein bar? I know some of them at Walmart can be up around 20g of protein per bar with 180-200 calories and only 2-3g of sugar.
  • TexasTroy
    Options
    add nuts as well....almonds or walnuts are prolly the best but even peanuts will add good proteins and quality fats
  • hkry3250
    hkry3250 Posts: 140
    Options
    Why so much fat?
  • TexasTroy
    Options
    could even limit that yogurt , cheese and bread...those calories are taking away from your protein......replace one or two of those with a form of protein:)
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody!!! I changed my percentages because I'm trying to just stay fuller longer and not have spikes in blood sugar and cravings. I saw another person on the boards had success with her percentages at these ratios and just wanted to try it...see how it affected my losses. I can be sort of a carb addict and trying to curb that a bit...it'll be easier to do that if I'm not so hungry and I think the protein and fat will help with that. Thanks again!!
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Why so much fat?

Because your body needs ample amounts of healthy fats to function and lose weight!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    - Chicken
    - Lean fish
    - Lean beef fillet
    - Shrimp
    - Natural yogurt
    - Cheese
    - Soy milk
    - Tofu
    - Quest protein bars
    - Natural, low carb protein powder
    - Soy nuts
    - Pb2
    - Protein cereals
    - Tempeh
    - Eggs
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I recommend taking it orally.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options

I WAS going to do it rectally...but you've made me re-consider....:huh: :noway: :bigsmile:
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

I WAS going to do it rectally...but you've made me re-consider....:huh: :noway: :bigsmile:

lol
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    fish, chicken, tuna, beans, protein bars... On the protein bars, I usually use the "Pure Protein"... 20 grams of protein and 200 cals.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I try most days to hit 100-125 I weight 113 I eat lean meat, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream, and raw almonds
  • chasterson
    Options
    i teach a lot of nutrition to people gaining bulk muscle and losing and i always recommend a 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat for people trying to lose weight.. Why you ask? Protein is the hardest thing to turn into fat. I personally consume 310g of protein per day.. its not hard. Your more than welcome to check out my log as far as foods I eat.