Starbucks Vanilla Bean Frappachino? w/ less calories.

Options
2»

Replies

• ashleew1117
    Options
    How many calories is this actually saving, with 2% milk, whipped "topping," coffee creamer, and ice cream? :huh: I'm not real big on low/no-cal replacements for everything, but it doesn't seem like this recipe is any healthier or would have that many fewer calories than the real thing. Cheaper, for sure, but that's about it.

Also, what girlykate143 said about fact checking.

There is about 280 calories in this which is 20 calories less than the actually thing at starbucks and it's a little larger of a serving than the grande at starbucks. So there is more of a difference than just price.
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    You can support the fine folks serving in our military, and not agree with a particulor war, y'know. Thinking a certain presidents decision to go to war with a country is stupid doesnt mean you blame the soldiers fighting it. I dont know why this concept is so hard to grasp.

Rather it is true or not, i still don't see a point in going there. I can make it myself at more than half the price. & mine tastes better than theirs.
  • JuliePleasant
    JuliePleasant Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    YUM!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You can support the fine folks serving in our military, and not agree with a particulor war, y'know. Thinking a certain presidents decision to go to war with a country is stupid doesnt mean you blame the soldiers fighting it. I dont know why this concept is so hard to grasp.

Rather it is true or not, i still don't see a point in going there. I can make it myself at more than half the price. & mine tastes better than theirs.

Saving money is a good reason not to go there. A completely false urban legend is a bad reason not to go there. :-)

For those unfamiliar, the story is that a Marine in Afghanistan wrote Starbucks and asked them to donate coffee to the troops. He received a fairly nasty letter in return from Starbucks about how horrible the war is and that was the reason Starbucks would absolutely, under any circumstances, send free coffee to the military.

It didn't happen. Starbucks has put out a statement about this and actually has donated quite a bit to the troops.