AM NEW TO MFP...NEED HELP WITH SETTINGS! :)

Options
Hi lovely people :)

Hope you are all well...

Just had a quick question about the food diary settings...is there a way to enter in your daily exercise without it changing the totals in your food diary?

If anything could help me with this I would REALLY appreciate it!

Thanks,

Michelle

Replies

• Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    You can just write it in your notes section down the bottom of the page but the idea is you are suppose to eat those cals back that's how MFP works.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I haven't figured that out, at least with aerobic exercise. I just stay focused on the "Goal" calories compared to my intake for the day. You can enter strength training (I think) without it changing your daily caloric goal.
  • Bjwolff51
    Bjwolff51 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Welcome to MFP! You will love this! Actually, adding exervise only changes the GOAL calories, not the total calories actually consumed (one line above). It does take a little getting used to, but you can still go by/see the exact number consumed. The reason it does factor in the exercise is because that really does matter a LOT in terms of how many calories a day you can take in and still lose weight. One lb of fat = 3,500 calories, and losing weight really is pretty basic math even though it's so darn hard ha ha...

Anyway, I hope this helps. Again, welcome to Fitness Pal! I have lost 48 lbs since April and find it to be a WONDERFUL resource!! :flowerforyou:
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I wasn't real clear (bjwolf..), under the My Home tab, at Your Daily Summary, your "Goal" calories remains the same no matter how much exercise you do. Under the Food tab at "Your Daily Goal" the calories get bumped up with aerobic activity. I look at the My Home tab goal calories and compare it to my intake for the day.
  • michelle12wbt
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your help...I really appreciate it :)

Wish you all the best in your journey and to those that have already achieved their goals..WELL DONE!!!

Cheers,

Michelle xx