does anyone not document their liquid calories?

Options
I don't mean like soda pop or really high sugar drinks, but I don't find the point in putting in calories for my cranberry juice or Arizona Green Tea....i know I probably should, but do those drinks really make THAT kind of a difference?

Replies

• acuratlsd
    acuratlsd Posts: 228
    Options
    If it has a Nutrition Label then it is part of the package.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I put down everything that goes in my mouth. Most of the non calorie drinks do have sodium in them.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Fruit juice has tons of calories, of course I would log this. I wouldn't log plain tea, but if there is sugar in it, definitely add it. 100 calories a day = 10 lbs a year.
  • happythermia
    Options
    I know this is going to sound crazy and backwards, but I document ALL of my liquid calories.

Except booze. LOL I know it doesn't make sense, but that's how I do it.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Cranberry Juice is pretty high in calories, Green tea if it is diet would not be. but you should log it all, I even log the sugar free packets of hawaiian punch i put in my water, they are still 10 calories apiece and it adds up. Good luck to ya.
  • jazzyali
    jazzyali Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    In my mind all calories count. If an 8 oz glass of cranberry juice is 120 calories and you have a glass a day, that's 3600 calories which equals a pound...
  • malystrasza
    Options
    You'd be surprised at the sugar content of some juices and sweetened teas. Its almost as much as a can of soda. So yes, you should count them.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    You definitely have to measure and record the amount of liquid calories you are consuming. Calories are calories and people gain a lot of weight from drinking calories.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Yes it makes a big difference, not just in your calories but in your macros especially. my general rule is if it went in my mouth I log it.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Yes. Liquid calories add up way too quickly to not count them. If it has calories, why would you not log them too just because they are liquid?
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Calories are calories no matter where they come from. Unless it's water then no, don't log them. But you probably should log your water anyways so that you now how much you are drinking :) Like if I could get away with that I could just liquify everthing I eat. This ice cream doesn't count! It's liquid lol
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I mostly only drink water, but if I have coffee with cream and sugar or a 20 calorie hot cocoa I log it. I don't log the massive amount of water I drink though. :smile:
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! It almost makes it easier to drink nothing but water!
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    For better or for worse, yep. *that damn wine gets me every time, haha*

But yeah, not only calories, but consider sodium, macros, etc.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! It almost makes it easier to drink nothing but water!

Pretty much how I roll.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I log my coffee/tea every morning. Mostly because I add stuff to it. If it's coffee I add creamer. If its tea I add honey. I log beer, wine, and when I make fresh juice I log that. So I do log my calories. If you have one arizona tea/ day I guess it's not so bad. But if you have like 2 or 3 that'll start adding up.
  • brwngrl91
    Options
    I do, that's why it's so hard for me to drink apple or cranberry juice. I love them but seeing the amount of calories make me dive for water. Water is so safe. Thank God.
  • casiefer
    Options
    I do record all of my beverages that have calories. If your drink has calories you should count it as it is part of your daily intake. Does that make sense?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Depends how many calories of it you intake? If it's half a glass of juice...then no...if it's several glasses...then that's several hundred calories in difference and yes, that adds up quite easily. It's not like it's the square root of a negative number. Those calories are positively real, they're not imaginary.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I love the NEW bar code feature.........and search tool.