Pregnancy and Migraines

lcolovos
lcolovos Posts: 10 Member
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
Does anyone who is pregnant use anything that works great for migraines? Either natural or medications? I find that just using tylenol isn't very effective in treating those nasty headaches!

Thanks!

Replies

• jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Hi
    I was prescribed codiene for severve migranes in pregnancy. You cant take it until after 15 weeks and it could cross the placenta so you have to be careful. You could ask you dr.
    Jaycee76
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    I'm not pregnant (thank God!) but 18 years ago when I was pregnant with my first I suffered from horrible migraines and you're right...Tylenol didn't touch them! Ginger is supposed to help, you could try making some ginger tea. Good luck and feel better!
  • sallyah13
    sallyah13 Posts: 44 Member
    I have always gotten a prescription from my OB. I cannot remember what the names where, however, for each of my pregnancies I had a different prescription since Tylenol didn't work for me either. I wouldn't mess with anything else, just go straight to your OB, he or she will know what is safe to take while pregnant.
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    You can also try taking a Calcium and Magenisum supplment and a Vitamin B supplement. Both of those were life savers during all three of my kids pregnancies. You can also try Ginger tea. I hope you find some relief!
    ~sam
This discussion has been closed.