Should I do Interval training on empty stomach?

Options
2»

Replies

• fatgirlslimagain
    fatgirlslimagain Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I do the bodyrock.tv interval training workouts which are short but quite intense.

Have a look on youtube for zuzanna light who was the original body rock girl.

She has posted some vidz on eating right for training before and after

cheers
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    thankyou!!! saved me from losing muscles xD what about bodyweight exercises like pushups squats etc? I usually have a cardio workout and then a strength/weight workout; Now I plan to do strength/weights in the morning on empty stomach and cardio when I get home from school, does that sound like a good plan?

46Phil's article had it right too - and even if not doing low carb, that's what the morning fast will be like.

If the bodyweight stuff takes longer than about 30 seconds until you must rest, then it is more interval intense cardio type work, the wrong type.
    If at early stages of lifting, bodyweight may be enough that within 30 seconds you get about 15-20 reps in and must take that minute break.

Cardio after school is just fine, and all the great comments about refeeding after that would apply then. Makes sure you are recharged for the next morning too.
  • RamoZimm
    RamoZimm Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Great article and site. Thanks for sharing.