NSV - start of my lady V :D

Options
fittiephd
fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
I am SO SO excited to say that I finally can see a little hint of my V coming in :D I'm ready for my abs to be more visible and they're finally getting there. I haven't posted a success update in a while, I've been posting on my blog instead of the public forums, but this was so exciting I had to share!

Little about me... joined MFP in January, started doing Turbofire and loved it. Had already lost about 8 lbs and then continued to lose. I started out eating very unhealthy, well healthy foods but only 1200 calories because I thought that's what I should do.

I lost while I wasn't eating well, but I wasn't energetic and wasn't happy limiting myself for no reason. Finally I smartened up and started EATING. I have still seen changes in inches and fat loss eating only 100-200 calories below my maintenance of 2000 calories NET per day. Right now I'm eating 1900 net per day. I am no longer doing turbofire or any cardio, for a while I was doing the new rules of lifting for women and I loooove lifting!!! That has a little bit of HIIT in it, but now I'm doing Stronglifts 5x5 and with lifting I have seen a lot more progress in inches lost and muscle definition :) I eat 40%carbs, 30%fat 30%protein if I can, although I usually only get about 25% protein as hard as I try.

My progress...

I'm 5'8". Feel free to add me as long as you eat enough! I don't like having friends who don't eat! I especially would love some more friends that lift heavy!

January 1 2012
> Now
weight: 149.3 lbs
> 129.9 lbs
waist: 28"
> 24.5"
hips: 35"
> 31.5"
rib cage: 29.5"
> 26.75"
chest: 34.5"
> 30.75"
lower stomach: 29"
> 27.5"
thighs: 21"
> 20.75"

Before: (This photo is from August when I was ~149 lbs)
P1000511.jpg

After:

D0E3EB1A-C955-40C7-BD31-ED891DCDB64D-1.jpg

8B540025-6109-4F45-8B92-8CADBDE6AE4B-1.jpg

I'm so so excited, I know it's only barely visible on one side, but I'm glad to be seeing more of my obliques and more of the center line of my abs and a little of my V :) Motivation to keep on going!!!!!!

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    !!!!! I haven't even read this thread yet I just scrolled to the bottom to see the picture and holy cow :D So proud of you...and disappointed in me haha

Thanks for giving a read out of what you've done to get to your accomplishments :)
  • fittiephd
    Options
    Thank you!!! Don't worry you can get whatever you want if you keep working towards it!! Even if you have set backs for a little while you can always get back to it and kick *kitten* !!!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    V for victory.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Wow, 31.5 inch hips?
    Where do you measure them?
    Even at 5'10 and 126, the smallest mine got were 35.
    Mind boggling.
  • fittiephd
    Options
    I measure them over my hips... at the widest part of my abdomen. I think some people measure them over their butt? But I didn't start that way so I continue to measure them in the same place for consistency.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    I measure them over my hips... at the widest part of my abdomen. I think some people measure them over their butt? But I didn't start that way so I continue to measure them in the same place for consistency.

'Cause I'm a stalker I gotta ask where is the widest part of your abdomen? Whenever anyone asks for hips I give the widest part of my body (butt) because that's the way models and most size charts go by. But I also measure my hips (basically just below underwear line).
  • fittiephd
    Options

'Cause I'm a stalker I gotta ask where is the widest part of your abdomen? Whenever anyone asks for hips I give the widest part of my body (butt) because that's the way models and most size charts go by. But I also measure my hips (basically just below underwear line).

The widest part of my abdomen is at my hip bones, including going over the fat on my sides at hip level. When I measure there it does not go over my butt but right above it because I have a very long abdomen. When you measure your butt do you measure at an angle like from your butt up to your hips in the front? Or like over your cooch and butt? I've never measured there although I do have a very flat *kitten* lol. why is it called a hips measurement if it's not measured at your hips?
  • CoderGal
    Options

The widest part of my abdomen is at my hip bones, including going over the fat on my sides at hip level. When I measure there it does not go over my butt but right above it because I have a very long abdomen. When you measure your butt do you measure at an angle like from your butt up to your hips in the front? Or like over your cooch and butt? I've never measured there although I do have a very flat *kitten* lol. why is it called a hips measurement if it's not measured at your hips?

I have nooooo idea but that's what it is....most of the time...but sometimes it's not because people can sometimes be logical but then it F's everything up lol.

Go to the widest part of your body period and measure that part parallel to the ground, don't angle it.

ps. cooch...lol.
  • fittiephd
    Options

I have nooooo idea but that's what it is....most of the time...but sometimes it's not because people can sometimes be logical but then it F's everything up lol.

Go to the widest part of your body period and measure that part parallel to the ground, don't angle it.

ps. cooch...lol.

Lololol I know. And ok I'll try that when I get home :) bummer I won't have anything to compare it to tho! I'll report back :P

More importantly I am very thankful my hip measurement that I normally do is down 3.5 inches from when I started :) hitting the gym today to make the abs more defined :) workworkwork
  • dawn2313
    dawn2313 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • fittiephd
    Options
    Thanks!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!