Last Place? HELL YEAH!!!!

Options
I completed my first ever 5k yesterday! About 30 Seconds from the starting line all I could think was "I'm turning back, I CAN'T DO THIS!" my first mile and a half I did pretty good, I was ahead of 10 people or so, and I put myself into a competition with another girl in the race (my competition was unknown to her,lol) but every time she passed me I pushed myself to pass her. A little into mile 2 I got a side stitch that made me think something inside broke, the pain made me stop for a minute, a car drove by that was picking up anyone that wanted to quit and again it was tempting, by this time the girl I was trying to beat had gotten ahead of me, and there were now only 3-4 people behind me. But I pushed through, I kept walking, before I knew it it was dark, I found myself on the path in the middle of the woods completely alone, too many episodes of The Walking Dead and CSI had me having bad thoughts and I was in tears, I thought I saw an animal in the woods, and then I heard footsteps, thankfully my nephews had found me! I wasn't far from the end, and had my family by my side as I walked through the finish line!

Replies

• la_faerie
    Options
    That's awesome! Super proud of you for pushing through :)
  • BigMan_D
    BigMan_D Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be very proud. That's very inspirational. Thanks for sharing!
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Wow, great dedication.. Sounds pretty scary!!!
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Good on you, that is awesome that you finished it!!!
  • Kitkat_58
    Kitkat_58 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • TnDMommy
    TnDMommy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!! You must be sooo proud of yourself, I know I'm proud of you!!!!! ;)
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    that's awesome. I'm gonna do a 5k in May. Scared!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    that's awesome. I'm gonna do a 5k in May. Scared!

Only thing I can tell you is Train! I did mine on very little training, I think If I had trained properly I could have done much better. Also find someone to set pace with or compete with. It gave me that little extra push when I wanted so badly to just quit.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    LOL, I"m watching Walking Dead right now, that would have gone through my head too. It is AWESOME that you finished. The place you finished doesn't matter at all. You STARTED, a big enough hurdle for most people, and you FINISHED, even better. Way to go!
  • sarah_ahmad
    Options
    That is a wicked inspiring story. I'm very impressed by your determination because honestly The Walking Dead is my favourite show right now and me + dark open places wouldn't do so well. Great job!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing; that is what is important. I encourage you to continue training and do it again sometime in the near future. Keep running... Keep walking. Get to the point where you can do it... then you won't be last place... Winning is completing... and you pressed through when most everybody else would have quit. Keep at it!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    Options
    Glad to know I am not the only one who would be thinking AHHH ZOMBIES!!! LOL I love the walking dead, but I'm also a big scaredy cat, I was secretly looking around at tree branches that I could break off incase I needed to kill some walkers..LOL
  • cjpotts55
    Options
    yea! proud of you congrats.
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    That is super amazing! Way to go!
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Awesome for you!!! Glad you didn't get eaten by a walker. Winning all around!!!
  • beachgirl140
    beachgirl140 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finishing and pushing through even though you were afraid. Now you are so much stronger not only in your body but also in your mind! Thanks for sharing.
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Never give up - never surrender! (Galaxy Quest).

Well done on going the distance, physically, mentally and emotionally.

So - when's the next one planned for?

Mavis
  • Natadance11
    Options
    Wow!! That's great! It must feel amazing to have family support throughout your journey :)

I know the feeling of creepy thoughts in your head when you're alone in the dark...I one time saw a scary movie and couldnt even sleep without anyone by my side for like 2 weeks! Haha

Well, I wish you well on your journey! :)
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    Options
    Never give up - never surrender! (Galaxy Quest).

Well done on going the distance, physically, mentally and emotionally.

So - when's the next one planned for?

Mavis

Next one will be when I lose about 50lbs. Or I am better trained, whatever comes first.
  • houseofcarpenter
    houseofcarpenter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    fantastic well done - you must so very proud x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!