Fast Food

Options
What are some healthy options when eating out with your family? ex: McDonald's , chic-fil-a, in-n-out, taco bell, pizza hut, pizza guys, etc...

Replies

• bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    My advice in this situation is to look at their nutritional info, and make your decision based on what you like and what will fit into your cal limit for the day
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    ^I agree with this. Most have their info online now too, so if you want, you can take the time to find a good option for wherever it is you go. Salads with vinaigrette dressing rather than creamy, or taking cheese from a burger can make a difference. I choose a wrap over a bun/roll if it's an option.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    My advice in this situation is to look at their nutritional info, and make your decision based on what you like and what will fit into your cal limit for the day

This, for sure. I will say that most of the time you're pretty much safe with any type of grilled protein (minus sauce,gravy,etc) and a steamed vegetable or salad (with dressing on the side).

ETA: Watch out for sodium. Sodium levels in restaurant food is ridiculous
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    subway has the most options. I like a salad at jack in the box with light ranch and grilled chicken, bacon, croutons, and cheddar cheese
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    "healthy" is a pretty relative term.
  • meganrpelican
    meganrpelican Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i'm lovin the fresco menu at taco bell.
  • KipDrordy
    KipDrordy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    What are some healthy options when eating out with your family? ex: McDonald's , chic-fil-a, in-n-out, taco bell, pizza hut, pizza guys, etc...
    McDonalds: Regular Hamburger is only 250 calories. Don't order fries though. About the best you'll do at any fast food place for a decent size hamburger would be the McDouble. I think it's under 400 calories. But the lack of anything good on the side keeps me away from there.
    Wendy's: the great thing about Wendy's is that when you order a combo, you can substitute a small chili for fries. That small chili is only 210 calories if I remember correctly. Pair it with one of their lower calorie sandwiches and you can end up under 500 calories.
    Taco Bell: Tacos are reasonable. I think they're 150 calories. I usually get the double decker because it sticks to my ribs. Be careful at Taco Bell though. It's very easy to make a mistake and order something you think is diet friendly. For instance, those new bowl things are very high in calories.
    Pizza: This one is tough. I don't think it's great pizza, but Little Caesars slices are about 250 calories. Haven't seen any lower.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    ..i dont know.
    but,i get what i want and then workout later!
  • TriPixie
    Options
    "healthy" is a pretty relative term.

Agreed. Some go mostly meat and veg, there's the lowfat crowd, the low carb crowd, the "no white sugar or flour" crowd...personally I avoid animal products all together if possible - so it REALLY depends on what you're going for.

Bottom line - educate yourself. And cook at home as much as possible.