I hate you cant Add Strength Training Calories??

Options
I dont mind tracking cardio but there should be a way to track calories so that its added on here. Is there a way or am i just stupid?

Replies

• Leahsz
    Leahsz Posts: 81
    Options
    It's there but under cardio - strength training. No idea why.
  • mistadj
    mistadj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I been there. I can add the strength exercises but not the cardio..unless i write it in the comments
  • mistadj
    Options

Ok, you right. I see it Now...THANKS....That was bugging me out. It is a stupid place to put it when you already have a section for strength training. they need to redesign that part
  • Arkani7
    Arkani7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

Ok, you right. I see it Now...THANKS....That was bugging me out. It is a stupid place to put it when you already have a section for strength training. they need to redesign that part

Hey ! :)
    it's intentional that you can't add strength training calories, because the calories are hard to estimate. I was wondering the same thing when I joined this site, because I was curious about how many calories I burn during training and I found an answer in the FAQ-section:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/91-doesn-t-strength-training-burn-calories-why-don-t-you-show-any-calories-burned-for-strength-training
  • mistadj
    Options

Hey ! :)
    it's intentional that you can't add strength training calories, because the calories are hard to estimate. I was wondering the same thing when I joined this site, because I was curious about how many calories I burn during training and I found an answer in the FAQ-section:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/91-doesn-t-strength-training-burn-calories-why-don-t-you-show-any-calories-burned-for-strength-training

Yea i can understand that. but calories burned is still calculated on your heart rate right? So with my heart monitor...if im lifting heavy or fast...my heart rate is higher. I can see the monitor go up and i am sometimes out of breath in between sets. When i rest...the heart rate goes down, and the calories burned dont add up as fast. I mean...people add walking and cleaning....maybe they wear heavy shoes when they walk? I dont know...im new to all this.lol
  • Sjudit84
    Sjudit84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

mistadj: this is what i was trying to explain to you in my first message way back when we added each other here...but i guess my english wasn't good enough lol
  • Arkani7
    Options
    Yea i can understand that. but calories burned is still calculated on your heart rate right? So with my heart monitor...if im lifting heavy or fast...my heart rate is higher. I can see the monitor go up and i am sometimes out of breath in between sets. When i rest...the heart rate goes down, and the calories burned dont add up as fast. I mean...people add walking and cleaning....maybe they wear heavy shoes when they walk? I dont know...im new to all this.lol
    [/quote]

oh you use a heart rate monitor? :)
    well, in this case I would count it, because you know the exact amount of calories burned.

I don't track these calories because I don't have such a device and I just don't know about the calories and I don't want to overestimate them so I keep them as a little bonus ^^ I only track cardio exercises because the treadmill shows the calories, I don't track things like cleaning or walking the dog either, because...well I don't know ^^ this is just part of my everyday life
  • Arkani7
    Options

oh you use a heart rate monitor? :)
    well, in this case I would count it, because you know the exact amount of calories burned.

I don't track these calories because I don't have such a device and I just don't know about the calories and I don't want to overestimate them so I keep them as a little bonus ^^ I only track cardio exercises because the treadmill shows the calories, I don't track things like cleaning or walking the dog either, because...well I don't know ^^ this is just part of my everyday life
    [/quote]

(well, the upper part was supposed to be a quote....and why can't I edit this post ? :D weird)
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Bump up your activity level by one! That's what I did.

HRMs aren't good for estimating calorie burn of strength training, BTW. Unfortunate but true :( unless you have a super expensive model that has a strength training mode (I know of at least one model like that). Even then I wouldn't be sure.