Crash and burn!

Options
Hi lovely MFP'ers

I woke up this morning feeling fantastic about my weight! I am 5kgs away from my goal weight, I have out 2ks on since Summer, I am wearing size 12 instead of size 10.. Yet I feel amazing.

I have started buying size 12 clothes and they are a little loose on me. I'm wondering if I am happy that my clothes look good on me for once as my size 10s were always a bit tight and I had to find new inventive ways of hiding my muffin tops and random bits of flab.

Or maybe I have just realised that I was a size 10 before I fell pregnant 2 years ago, now I am a size 12 and I should stop trying to get back to a 10 because I get discouraged and unhappy when my scales don't say anything. I am happy with a size 12.

But then........ The negativity starts in my head and I think maybe I'm just on a high at the moment and soon I will crash and burn lol. So what I'd like to know please lovely people: is it normal to have a high like this? And is it likely that I will come crashing down?

Thanks xxxx

Replies

• LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It is the best thing you have done to go up to a size 12! Too many people are wearing clothes that are too small for them and they look so much heavier than they really are! Now you have the correct size on and you look automatically thinner because of no muffin top! Your body has changed after having your baby so your middle is a little thicker--- but look at the trade off! Just keep on toning up and eventually your middle will get thinner-- it just takes longer than anything else on your body! Keep up the good work!:wink:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I think you need to change your measuring stick. you want to loose fat, not just weight right? in the end its the shape of your body, and how you feel about it, more than the number on the scale.

if you work on lowering your BF% it will improve your shape. I'm trying to do that now instead of using the scale.

I have felt like that a few times in the past after noticing the changes to my body from diet/exercise, sometimes after that I can have what i'd call "a fat day" which i cant get dressed because i dont like the look of anything (which i normally wear not problem) or look in the mirror and see myself as fat, which is not true my BF% and BMR are both healthy.

:flowerforyou: