Here Comes Sandy, what will you do???

Options
pxpwop
pxpwop Posts: 704 Member
I'm sitting in and going to watch the news all day. I have always wanted to see what it was really like to be in the middle of a Hurricane. I guess I am going to get my wish. Lets just hope the flooding and Power Outages are not as extreme as they are calling for. Stay safe everyone! Don't be a hero, protect yourself and loved ones. Good luck all!!!

Replies

• kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Just staying inside and hoping the power doesn't go out, but we'll deal with it if it does. Unfortunately have a leaky basement to deal with so that's no fun. Be safe everyone!
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm at work. When it starts to rain and the wind starts blowing, I'll be here working. Then, I'll go home.

Same thing as every other "end of the world" storm that rolls through. Meh.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I'm at work. When it starts to rain and the wind starts blowing, I'll be here working. Then, I'll go home.

same here. I'm still required to work, but once I'm home I'll be sitting on my front porch, drinking a beer, because that's what you do during a good storm in New England! lol
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    at work on Long Island....
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    It's funny.
    Whenever I complain that it is really cold (IE: below 70 degrees), all you northern folks laugh at me and call me a wuss.
    And now you are all freaked out over a little CAT 1 hurricane?
    Grow a pair.

In all seriousness however, stay safe. I went surfing this weekend as a result of Sandy.
  • pxpwop
    Options
    I'm sitting in and going to watch the news all day. I have always wanted to see what it was really like to be in the middle of a Hurricane. I guess I am going to get my wish. Lets just hope the flooding and Power Outages are not as extreme as they are calling for. Stay safe everyone! Don't be a hero, protect yourself and loved ones. Good luck all!!!

Good luck with your leaky basement. I hope it's not too horrible. Good luck and stay safe!
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm in Ohio, so while we won't be as affected as those on the coast, we are dealing with the rain and high winds, (who would have thought it'd come this far inland!). I'm just sorry that it happened this time of year, my 3yr old is going to be very disappointed when it rains on "trick or treat" night! I hope everyone stays safe and dry!
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

same here. I'm still required to work, but once I'm home I'll be sitting on my front porch, drinking a beer, because that's what you do during a good storm in New England! lol

YES!!! This is what New Englander's do! Buffalo once had a mayor, Jimmy Griffon, who was famous for saying during a blizzard, "Stay inside, grab a six-pack and watch a good football game"
  • ktillotson14
    Options
    Advice from a Florida Girl: never underestimate a good hurricane party. That's how we do it down here in the South ;)

But really...stay safe.
  • pxpwop
    Options
    Advice from a Florida Girl: never underestimate a good hurricane party. That's how we do it down here in the South ;)

But really...stay safe.

Work is closed for two days. Stocked up on beer and liquor. I have my party ready to go!
  • Shua89
    Shua89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm in Ohio, so while we won't be as affected as those on the coast, we are dealing with the rain and high winds, (who would have thought it'd come this far inland!). I'm just sorry that it happened this time of year, my 3yr old is going to be very disappointed when it rains on "trick or treat" night! I hope everyone stays safe and dry!

Same here, but our temps are hovering right around the freezing point so they can't decide if we're going to get rain or snow. If it's snow it will be near blizzard conditions - which would make my kids happy because then they'll get a snow day. I have to laugh at OH weather, last week at this time it was 80 degrees and gorgeous - a week later we're bracing for a blizzard.

For all of you along the coastline stay inside and stay safe.
  • pxpwop
    Options
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I live in Florida and it is so weird to not really be affected by a hurrican! I hope everyone involved stays safe.
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Looks pretty calm so far. Stay safe!
  • pxpwop
    Options
    Yeah, not bad at all yet. Winds about 20 mph with gusts to 30. Im going to go back out around 11 to see what its like.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Once I am finally freed from my office, I am going right to my parents (my fiance and I and my cat are staying with them - they have a generator). Then I will pray that my office's hotline says not to go in tomorrow (although as a 12 year veteran of the company I know better than to get my hopes up).

I hope everyone stays safe and that everyone in the areas getting hit don't have to go out until it's safe to!!!!!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I know some places called for evacuation, I hope you weren't part of it. If this Houston girl knows anything about hurricanes, it's get the hell outta Dodge before it gets too bad. Hopefully the storm won't be as bad as they are anticipating and there isn't much damage. Did you have to board up?
  • pxpwop
    Options
    I know some places called for evacuation, I hope you weren't part of it. If this Houston girl knows anything about hurricanes, it's get the hell outta Dodge before it gets too bad. Hopefully the storm won't be as bad as they are anticipating and there isn't much damage. Did you have to board up?

No I didn't but some homes and businesses did. I did get bags to put infront of my ground level windows. But that was it. Of course I got flash lights batteries, ice, water and stuff. Normal survival. Not that I think I will need it but you never know!
  • ktillotson14
    Options

But really...stay safe.

Work is closed for two days. Stocked up on beer and liquor. I have my party ready to go!

That's how it's done :) I've been through so many of these things I've realized the best thing to do once you've "hunkered down" is to have fun. Can't change it.
  • pxpwop
    Options

But really...stay safe.

That's how it's done :) I've been through so many of these things I've realized the best thing to do once you've "hunkered down" is to have fun. Can't change it.

Have to make the best of it! I have movies video games and if the power goes out candles and flash lights. Time to have fun!