Ladies, what is your deodorant of choice for workouts?

Options
Been trying a lot of different deodorant/antiperspirants that don't have a strong perfumey smell or get all over your shirt. Any suggestions for something that can handle your heavy workout and then some that you have battle tested?

Replies

• mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    i like dove clear tone
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm at the point where I don't care if I'm sweating. But if you're asking this because you're concerned about sweating, the Secret PH balance is really nice, and in the affordable range as far as success.

PS: It's good to sweat. Deoderant represses sweating, and there for makes it harder to cool off the body durring intense workouts. Which is bad :c So enjoy the sweat. You earned it.
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I use ban, dove, degree, and sure....Just depends on what I can get for really cheap with coupons. :)
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    It makes no difference if I wear it or not, I still sweat like a pig! I just make sure I have a clean top on to start and shower straight away after!!
  • Dlacenere
    Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Believe me, I am not at all concerned about the sweat, I am more concerned about odor. Bring on the sweat.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Working out equals sweat. It is a good thing our body does. I just shower afterwards.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I don't. I am a fan of roll ons, but they bring up my glands if I use them before a work out (first time this happened it scared the life out of me). Going to sweat any way, I always wear clean kit and I always shower afterwards.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    dove regular powder smells great!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Tom's natural, any scent.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    i use Thoms all natural apricot scented deoderant, it has aluminum tho and will yellow the pits of a white shirt over time. its my all time fav so far. i used to us only Mitchum unscented for years, but it lost its effectivness and i had to swith it up, i hate the other scented fruity one, i just smell like a landfill wearing them. they just dont jive with my natural 'scent'.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Tom's natural, any scent.

isnt it the best? im so glad i found it! lol.
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm at the point where I don't care if I'm sweating. But if you're asking this because you're concerned about sweating, the Secret PH balance is really nice, and in the affordable range as far as success.

PS: It's good to sweat. Deodorant represses sweating, and there for makes it harder to cool off the body during intense workouts. Which is bad :c So enjoy the sweat. You earned it.

I do understand why this question was originally asked and feel for the MFP Member asking it - but I'm with the above opinion. I quit using deodorant, when I work out, a while ago. I do tend to wear my sweat like a badge of honor! I find now that I drink the required 8 glasses a day (most of it during workouts!), that there isn't really an offensive smell. So I say, hold that head high and save the money for a new bikini! LOL!

Mavis
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    estee lauder
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Men's Old Spice. Odd, I know but learned from my daughter and will never turn back.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You need to be able to sweat so look for a straight deodorant instead of an antiperspirant. I'm usually alone at home or out on the road so I don't worry about it.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people that has to change brands often or it seems like my body gets use to it and it won't work as well. Usually I will switch it up between Dove, Secret, Degree and Lady Speed Stick

Currently I am using Secret Outlast, it is pricey but I had a coupon and it was worth it I really like it.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    deleted double post
  • Book_wormie22
    Book_wormie22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i use degree - but as far as odor, i think that may be from what you are eating or drinking? I notice if i have a lot of sodium the day before, my sweat smells and tastes different than on days that i eat better. Also, if i drink enough water then my sweat is almost odorless.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I agree with Book_wormie. Body odor is largely reflective of what one eats/drinks and general health status. Any deodorant that manages to cover up bad BO has got to be pretty strong itself, and even strong nice smells tend to irritate many people so I don't know if you can win there. I use Dove though.
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I use men's antiperspirant as I find women's doesnt not smell nice on me. I also use mens body wash =)
    When I go to the gym, I don't apply 'fresh' AP... I just shower after.

I never feel that I smell.. and no one has ever said anything (my BF/ gym mate would definately say)

Shower regularly and 'dont sweat the small stuff'.